Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Chevy gasser....Fab pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great Vic. I'd go with a solid black vinyl headliner. After doing the 55 in white, I decided to do the Olds in black. Keeps it "strictly business".
    [​IMG]

2. CalGasser

CalGasser

Thanks guys!

Thanks Baron, I thought about going with the stock headliner too but wanted to do something different. I may just go with an aluminum barrier where you lay it on with spray adhesive, not sure yet. Or maybe just glue in the headliner with 4 squares wide down the whole length. I'm just jazzed that I have upholstery at this point... :D

3. CalGasser

CalGasser

Installed my real engine with some "calibrated" tools... LOL!

Attached Files:

AHotRod and cktasto like this.
  4. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Vic. That looks great ! That will certainly give it some more get up and go. Nothing like the whine of a 6:71 while cruising ...music to my ears.

5. CalGasser

CalGasser

Few more things and she'll be roadworthy Baron! You guys getting much snow? Merry Christmas!

6. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No snow other than a couple dustings. Calling for rain later this week. Very lucky. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

7. Nice looking work as usual, looks ready to leap !

8. CalGasser

CalGasser

It'll leap one of these days but not right now - found out I had clutch fork problems so figuring out that one now.

9. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Vic. Is this a new clutch ? And if so, possible wrong throw-out bearing problem ?

10. CalGasser

CalGasser

Thanks Baron but no, the TO brng is correct but I think the clip securing the fork on the pivot ball is messed up and not pivoting as it's supposed to. My friend had a new fork and pivot ball which he gave me so will be installing it and trying again. Also found the TO bearing had a crack in it so good thing I removed it and caught that. I'll reinstall it and try again. Thanks for your concerns, Vic

11. CalGasser

CalGasser

55Montrose.JPG 55Montrose.JPG At a show past summer...

Gas_Tires_Oil likes this.