Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 55 Chevy Biscayne Concept Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CONNMAN, Jul 19, 2010.

1. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

1955 Chevy Biscayne Concept Car ,,This was supposed to be crushed decades ago ,,but the crusher saved it ,,then ,20 years ago ,sold it ,then it got a complete resto ,now it's on the show circuit ,,I've never seen it before ,,any of you ??
    [​IMG]

2. cool a biscayne hardtop.......serious what a cool car for the day the front fenders look like 55 belair taillights turned upside down

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I saw it waaaaa-aaay back in 1955...or 1956...haven't since.

R-

4. henry29

henry29

It was found in a junk yard along with a few more gm concept cars.
    They had cut the top off and the frame was missing, but otherwise complete, just scattered around the yard.
    I have a bunch of pics of it. Here's a pic of when it was found,

[​IMG]

5. henry29

henry29

6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I can see some Corvette and some Corvair as well. A lot of the ideas were incorporated into later models. Great piece of history.

7. MotorCityDeuce

MotorCityDeuce

It is going to be shown at the Concours d' Elegance at Meadow Brook in Rochester Mi. this coming Sunday. Along with three other 50's GM concept cars.

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Any recent pictures or where it's located?

Frank

9. Historic yes but wow, super ugly too.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

'57 Vetteman posted while I was typing. Anyone planning to go? If so be sure to take a lot of pictures (especially if it's powered by a small block, so at least half of the HAMB population can be pissed off).:D

Frank

11. henry29

henry29

12. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

What do you get when you mix a Corvette, a Corvair, an Avanti, and a Bugeye Sprite?

13. They cut it up to hide it, or did they really expect to sell parts from a one-off car?

14. It's gotten some press over the years, I thought it was junked by GM and then folks later found parts of it still around. I thought the name of the guy is Bortz or something like that from IL?

15. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

At least they didn't put the '53-'54 Corvette "Blue Flame" 6 banger in it ,,,a 265 with a powerglide would werk ,,'till the hi-perf 283 4-speeds came out ,,there's a lot of design clues to even Chevys of the early '60's ,,Too Bad G M was so stupid and crushed a lot of the concept cars of the '50's n '60's ,,there were some great looking Buicls & Olds back then ,,even a Pontiac or two ,,
    Glad to see the junk yard crusher was smarter than G M and saved it ,,even tho it was in pieces to hide it from the dumb ass G M guys ,,

16. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

I can see some '65~'66 Impala styling too.

17. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

yes,,'65 & '66 Impala ,,and that windshield was used in '59 Chevys ,,Corvairs came out in ,,what '63 ?? or was it '64 ,,Bug Eye Sprites were runnin' around in the middle '60's ,,hey ,,nuthin' wrong with those old Bug Eyes ,,my buddy in Alaska totalled his '64 Stingray,,no insurance ,,his wifes car was a Bug Eye Sprite ,,he pulled the 327 fuelie motor and 4 speed out the 'Vette & put it in the Sprite ,,along with the rear suspention ,,slightly narrowed ,,had huge mufflers mounted at the very rear ,no tail pipes ,,it was so guiet ,,nobody could tell what he had ,,when he showed up at the drag strip ,never opened the front end ,,everybody laffed when he pulled up to the line ,,no burnout ,,,they didn't laff anymore when he turned in a low 10 second E T ,,he drove the thing every day to werk too ,,

18. wow!! that is pretty amazing!

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's pretty neat.