Register now to get rid of these ads!

'55 Chevy 4x4 halfton, front end rebuild....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2Loose, May 26, 2012.

1. 2Loose

2Loose

Haven't posted anything on this truck in quite awhile, it's been parked while working on other projects, but just got back on it, so thought I'd post a few progress pix on my website and link it here as it progresses.

Had a bad bump-steer problem, originally mounted the steering box a short distance ahead of the axle, and the short drag link tended to pull the steering arm ahead on bumps, steering the truck to the left, not good!

[​IMG]

Decided to put a steering arm on the right side knuckle and go to a cross steer setup to try to take that bump steer out of it.

[​IMG]

Posted more pix on my web page:
    LINK to my web page....

Will update as I make progress on this....
    Aloha,
    Willy
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a much newer Dana 44! I used build 4x4 rigs. PM me if you have any questions, as this might be straying into off-topic territory.

3. JD Miller

JD Miller

The steering box connecting rod at too much angle causes steering wheel wobble over dips in the road.
    Mine is 16' long. pretty much parallel

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sixteen feet is a really long rod. What the heck are you driving?;)