Register now to get rid of these ads!

55-59 Chevy truck pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Preacher, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

my buddy just offered me a 58 apache truck for cheap... trouble is its a lonnnnnng drive away...

so im looking for inspiration...

lowered? scalloped... what ever... i remember seeing them on here before and i'm looking for some pics...

thanks... here's the first one of the beauty

Attached Files:

2. 2-TONED

2-TONED

[​IMG]
    dont know whos truck. i just have the pic.
    drop your rear fenders, get cameo box sides & they go right on your original box.

3. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

are they re popping the cameo sides now? if so any info where?

4. 2-TONED

2-TONED

dont know where or who but i guess they are available, its the taillight bezels, bumper corners, etc that are tough to get.
    [​IMG]

5. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

I so want a 58 or 59 GMC Truck........I would keep it stock on the body mods

6. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I'd snag it even at a distance, its a big back window cab, thats worth quite a bit right there.

You so missed out, I just sold one to another HAMB'r "Techy". '58 Apache Big back window with a fleetside bed. Its not my place to post pics of it now as its not mine anymore and its not done, but it is absolutely sick now. And he's only had it a few months.

Here's why I sold it. Yes, this pic has been posted a ton, I guess I need new pics. Don't worry I'll get more up, but not until I'm done with everything I'm changing for Roundup.

[​IMG]

7. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Here:

Attached Files:

8. BusDriverJ

BusDriverJ

They just started repopping them about 5 years ago. Golden State truck parts has pretty much all the parts you need for the cameo bed. They dont have the price for the bed sides on the site, youll have to call for that. But they have everything else listed. GSPP.com

9. This is the first one I built. It is now in Alexandria Mn.

Attached Files:

10. 99 to Life

99 to Life

11. caseyjones

caseyjones

trying to decide what to do with mine...

[​IMG]

12. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

casey J

how did you lower that? it looks pretty low! i like it a lot.

13. caseyjones

caseyjones

It's a rear-steer nova (68-74, i think) with one coil cut (springs are Moog pn 6308, stock 69 Z28). Same subframe as a 1st gen Camaro.

It's still got the 235, which I think is a pretty heavy motor, and it's got enough travel with the stock bumpstops that it doesn't bottom out very often. Just don't cut more than one coil or it will be on the bump stops and almost undriveable. I also trimmed the transmission crossmember to keep from high-centering the truck.

Sorry for the blurry pic, but this shows that it's still got pretty decent clearance...
    [​IMG]

14. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Y'all are so cruel...if yer not needing that truck, I can give it a good home.:)

15. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

56w.jpg

Just getting it going.. Camaro front clip, power disk brakes, flipped rear chevell posi. 305, 700R4. homemade grill....

16. newsithlord

newsithlord

Here's mine.

Putting a new floorpan in it right now.

Attached Files:

17. bigdreamsnobux

bigdreamsnobux

Preach...

I have a ton of pics on my home computer, I will try to post tonight if I have time/remember. Also, I have a Fleetside box with 1 ding in it if you are interested in changing from the stepside just PM me.

There are tons of resources out there for these trucks, stovebolt.com is a good place to ask truck specific questions, like value, etc.

18. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

truck looks sick man, really nice job. got any more pics of the setup? i'm thinking about redo'n my dad's truck soon

19. Drive It!

99, gotta love those 1st series. :)

InDaShop, I drooled over that Fleet at the Hamb Drags.
    A little too streetrod for me, but I like it none the less.
    Can't wait to see what you've done, at Roundup!

20. R.Brown

R.Brown
    from houston

Techy it looks great. i hope you and indashop are ready for the three stogies because i picked up my fleetside bed last week.:D If you dont rember me i meet you at the icehouse and we talked about indashop's truck for a while.

21. bobsled

bobsled
    from Tacoma

Here are a few of my 57.. still working on the powerplant though..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. btmatt

btmatt

Gibbon fiberglass was producing new ones with all the accy. Check it out.

Matt

23. Techy

Techy

Ya Ryan I remember you, Hows the truck coming along ... I think it will be awesome once you get your truck on the road also and we can all go to shows together and lucky strike can come to even if he's not a fleetside lol

24. 30roadster

30roadster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tingler - like your flatbed!

25. R.Brown

R.Brown
    from houston

its doing good got all my parts in now for the front end and the body.
    if you dont mind i need to get in touch with you and your friend for the rear end set up. What type of set up is that. looks like alt. truck arms mixed with a tri 4 link. i like it.

26. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Thanks for the props, yeah its a bit tooooo much silver and chrome. But thats changing a bit. I hope its for the better.....

27. R.Brown

R.Brown
    from houston

I cant wait to see what you are doing to it. I loved like it was. caint wait.

28. Techy

Techy

mines just a basic 2 link setup .. he had to make all new brackets and stuff back there and he did it all on the inside of the frame in case I wanted to run a wider rear tire and wheel setup and new shock mounts and a panhard bar and all that... which I'm sure alot of people on here hate but I just ordered my wheels today for it also... 20" for the front and 22" for the rear ... a grey and machined Torq thrust looking wheel

29. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Mootz's old black one was something else. I loved the white troll hair interior, flat black with mint rims and accents. I think Goodman has it now but I could be wrong.

30. Mootz

Mootz

That troll hair was cool until about five miles down the road, your nose would start to tickle, then some would get in your eyes etc...the price you pay to look sooooooooo cool :D.-Goodman was who I sold it to, last I heard it was getting a fleetside bed.

Mootz