Register now to get rid of these ads!

55-57 fenderwell headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5559, Jun 9, 2013.

1. 5559

from tn

:confused: what 's the deal with 55-7 sbc fenderwell headers . big block headers cost less than half of what the small ones do. Used ones are just as expensive as new ones.I had a set on a 396 in the same car in the 70s and liked the looks & fit.I was wanting to have the same look with a small block but I might have to build a fat block & use my old ones!!!!!

2. Supply & demand!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

nova headers 62-67 will work and are easier to find---usually find some in the pits at big races...

4. 5559

from tn

I wondered if anything else would work THANKS black 62 I'll start looking

5. In the case of our companies, the Big Block fenderwells that we make are in the Patriot line which is a more price conscious brand. The Small Blocks are in the Doug's Headers brand and are made with thicker flanges, heavier duty collectors, More time spent on the mandrel bends and removing the grip marks from the bending process etc.
    All of that makes the Doug's products more expensive to build plus the demand for the small block is much smaller so we don't amek as many at a time which also makes them more expensive due to machine set up times etc.