Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 & 57 Chev. projects

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kollofski, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Kollofski

Kollofski

If anyone is interested in my current projects go to Holley's web page and click on Community. If you scroll down to Facebook and click on that you will be on Holley's Facebook page. Near the top, in small letters, you will see pictures. Click on that and then click on Kollofski's V12 and W24 projects.

Let me know what you think.

Gary Kollofski
    [email protected]

2. squirrel

squirrel

heh...tripower with 3 4bbls

Not quite like the old days, but it is in one way...very "out there"

3. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

PS: For those that are oblivious, THIS was the late 70's for Gary Kollofski.

And, yeah, the new stuff he is doing is off topic... EXCEPT for the fact that early Hot Rodders also stuffed the biggest and baddest in their sedans and roadsters to make them go fast.

I for one am glad Gary is here sharing his latest adventures.

Attached Files:

5. The name Kollofski conjurs up images akin to the name Milner but of a different era.....

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Man I lusted after the 55 when I was a kid...it was so out there AND it was a 55 Chevy cant go wrong there!

7. henry29

henry29

I've never seen suicide doors on a tri-five before,
    what engine is it?

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well said!

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yep...

By the way, Gary isn't too used to spending time on the computer or on message boards, so forgive him and just enjoy his work. I tried to spend some time messaging back and forth with him a few years ago when I found his boat for sale and suspected he was one of my heroes, and he finally sent me a message with a phone number and just said CALL ME!

I regret not getting around to that. Gary is a down to earth hot rodder with a lot of neat ideas.

By the way, the 55 was named top 100 Hot Rods ever by Hot Rod Magazine. Not a bad list to make. I loved the car because it was so pure and obviously this one is going a little different direction, but I look forward to the results!

PS: Hi Gary!

10. Kollofski

Kollofski

Sorry about the round about way to see the photos of the projects. It was the only way, I could think of, to "post" a bunch of pictures of the projects. The 55 chassis is done and sitting patiently waiting for the body to come back from the paint shop. I was hoping to have it done for the Goodguys Nationals last weekend but no such luck. My next goal is the SEMA show or the Detroit show next year. In the "mock-up" of the 57 shown the W24 will not sit that high in the chassis. We will have all the components under the stock hood.
    Thanks for looking and hope to see all of you soon.

Gary

Attached Files:

11. Totally AWSOME like your last creations keep up the progress pics thanks for sharing.

12. Kollofski

Kollofski

Here are a few of the latest pic's of the 57. The "opening" in the front of the hood is to allow cool air in,to take the heat away from the top 12 exhaust pipes, thru a series of louvers (yet to be built) in the center of the hood. The air to the carbs will be introduced with 2 openings, one on each side of the rear of the hood, in the high pressure area near the windshield. The other shots, show the worlds biggest fender skirt, needed to remove the 22.5x35x16 Hooser tires. The upper seam is hidden behind the top stainless trim piece.

Attached Files:

13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I can speak only for myself, but those photos make me afraid, very afraid...:D

14. belair

belair

I remember that 55. The 57 is outrageous. Keep turning them out.

15. Rochie

Rochie

Jeeezzzuusssss Kollofski,
    That is just mind blowing. I certainly hope to see it at Detroit in March!!! Come on downstairs to the basement and stop by for a cooly at the E.L.T.A. cars. We would really like to B.S. with ya'.

16. That has to be setting a new high on the Bar!

17. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

Not to take ANYTHING away from a single bit of this Man's work,but all you have to do is look at the talent that went into doing those headers, and imagine the rest of what is being done,or will be done ...............!! HOLY $#*^

18. Kollofski

Kollofski

In case anyone is remotely interested, there is going to be a 6 page feature article on the 55 in the May 2014 issue of Car Craft that will be on the newsstands near the end of February. Possibly the week of the 16th. There is also a 2 page spread in "this guys garage", of the same issue, on the construction of the 57. Check them out and let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

19. zjerry

zjerry

Nice Looking 57..

[​IMG]

20. Kollofski

Kollofski

Just loaded the 57 Chev 2dr for a trip over to the 2014 MSRA Back to the Fifties, this weekend at the MN state fairgrounds. If you are in the area and want to see over 12000 hot rods and customs, come on down. I will be displaying the 57 with the 2 V12 engine, for the first time publicly. It will be in the Energy building in the Bendtsen Transmission booth. Stop in and say hi.

Attached Files: