Register now to get rid of these ads!

55-56 Chevy dealer instruction films and records

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mark boltjes, Nov 17, 2010.

1. These were given to me by an old friend and I know very little about them.Can some one give some info on these films and 33 1/3 RPM records. I have a steel cabinet with 68 films and many many records and several booklets produced by JAM HANDY.Found a lot of info about JAM HANDY but not much on value of products.Are they very collectible ? what are they worth ?

Thanks
    Mark

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have one of those for 1949 Chevrolets. yes they are collectible, I'd say $100.00 per year, sometimes more.

there is also a "Jam Handy" film strip projector with a record player on the back available to play them on. the filmstrips are like a slide show, you play the record and then it beeps, and you go to the next picture, some have a book to go with it and others don't. I believe the filmstrips that use a record have "sound" written on them.. something like that.

the one I have is for training the salesmen about the cars. back in the old days salesmen needed to know about the cars and options, not just how to con you into taking a car home off the lot that day. there is also filmstrips and books for the mechanics.

besides the 49 items below I have 40-50 Chevrolet filmstrips from various years.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

4. Didn't know about the projector - any body got one ?

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if you search "film strip projector" on ebay you can find the projectors, but the record player ones are harder to find, and expensive to ship due to the weight. they also sell just the projector with no record player for fairly cheap.

the "Jam Handy" record player projectors seem to run around 100 bucks by the time it gets shipped. I've looked a few times over the past few months and couldn't find one that was tested and worked. the guy who sold me the 49 salesmans set had one for $75.00, but I spent too much money on other things with him and couldn't afford it at the time (this was a few years back)

as for the individual films I've paid as little as $1.00 and maybe 7 bucks maximum, this is with no booklet or record. I've seen mechanical films and records in the 15.00 - 20.00 range for one record and one film.

I paid $115.00 for the salesmans set you see in my pics.

Jam Handy made all kinds of films, not just automotive. if you are my age (50) you probably saw some educational ones in school.

6. chucky stampfle

chucky stampfle
    from new york

A slide veiwer works well i got mine on ebay for 15 bucks i have some of these training films also