Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 1st Gen build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phoenix5x, May 16, 2010.

1. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Hey Everyone thought I would throw out some pics of the truck build...

Here is the start of the build or rather disassembling.

Attached Files:

2. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

On to the assembling and fabrication....

Attached Files:

3. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Now some painting and more assembly...

Attached Files:

4. Herdez

Herdez

Very cool build! I had one with an old school drop kit using a mid 70s chevy truck front suspension welded on the stock frame rails. Keep up the post.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Well...I was never good at keeping up with taking pictures...Too eager to get things done :D...But i have compiled my remaining build photos. I will post a few more pics of the truck with more interior work and hood on here after this weekend. Hope you all enjoy.

The first pic shows the rear notch that we cut into the frame..Since I was using the stock springs I removed the shackle mounts and created new spring pockets up inside the frame..This provided the 4" of drop that looked pretty good on the truck. Also added a 7" brake booster and master cylinder under the cab and attached it to the stock pedal assembly.

The seats are full power seats out of an 05 Dodge Durango...These are very comfortable.

Once the engine was in I installed all the accessories and started routing the fuel lines. At the same time was working on routing the power steering lines. This was not a pretty job but finally got it worked out...Unfortunately That pic will come later as I cannot find it.

Then bolted on the remaining front body panels and the radiator so that i could start wiring. 90% of the wiring is cloth covered to keep the older style look there.

Attached Files:

6. Cool truck! You have any pics of your rear spring pockets?

Did you have to raise the bed floor?

7. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

I will get some pics of the pockets...no the bed is untouched...Since the stock springs on the truck sat at an angle inward towards the center of the truck the pockets were made on the inside of the frame after boxing a portion of the frame...then the rear portion of the springs are attached to 32 ford spring shackles and welded to the bottom of the frame...But i will post some pics of the pockets...I though I had some but cannot find them