Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 54Plymouth Chop is back

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 54plymouthchop, Sep 9, 2014.

1. 54plymouthchop

54plymouthchop
    from Glendale

Hey guys, its been about a year since I have been here. Im back, the wife let me spend some money again, since I spent 7 times as much as I told her I would last year. Anyway thought I would post a picture of my Chopped 54 Plymouth with the Hood back on. I am looking for Ideas on the grill area. Any Suggestions? 54plymouthchop.jpg

hacknwhack likes this.
  2. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

That is cool. One very nice looking ride.

3. 54plymouthchop

54plymouthchop
    from Glendale

Thanks Mike

4. The car looks really good! There are lots of ways to change the grill opening/area. Is the original that bad looking? Can you modify it and recess it some? Tim

5. 54plymouthchop

54plymouthchop
    from Glendale

Tim, It looks ok. Chip foose left the grill as is when he built the "sniper" 54plymouth. All he did was remove the chrome hood nosing. I have a 53 desoto grill I'm thinking about installing on it, not sure. I've looked around all over the web and haven't found the front end grill swap on a 54 plymouth

6. 59 imperial...keep it Mopar

7. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Nice chop, didn't go too far and really flows nice.

8. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I'll give you this idea, since Kenny, the guy I chopped the 54 Plymouth for, is using a Packard grille for his, instead of my idea. My plan was to keep it milder, less radical, and keep it kind of stock looking.
    Get an extra grill, and cut off the sides of the center bar, and keep them. Weld them to fill in the center of the car's original grill bar, so it goes all the way across. Now, take your grill teeth, and cut off the excess, leaving just the teeth, not the grill bar cover. Put them all the way across the grill bar, similar to a 54 Chevy. You might need to buy 2 or 4 more teeth, as well to pull this off. Eliminate the lower bar.
    Now if you want to get tricky, toward the ends, either cut out a section, or eliminate the grill bar between 2 of the teeth, and put in a piece of half round Lucite, with an amber bulb housed behind it, for parking lights/directionals. Then you can smooth out the huge round housings on the fenders.

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Nice car. How about a 54 Pontiac grille center? Could probably make its side bars flow right into your front fender body lines...

10. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Love this car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. A '54 Plymouth is not the first car that comes to mind when you think of a Custom but you have done a amazing job..great looking car! HRP