Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Vette Manifold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fltbroke, Nov 26, 2009.

1. fltbroke

fltbroke

Hey all...been a while since I have posted anything but, I'm hopin someone could help me out with some info...
    I have the opportunity to buy what appears to be a 1954 Corvette factory dual exhaust manifold with an older Offy intake and dual Carters or Rochesters bolted to it...Problem is I cant find any info on what this thing is worth and dont want to spend more than its worth...
    Anyone have any thoughts? Any info on this type of set up would be greatly appreciated....
    Thanx in advance...

2. If I say it's worth 5 grand, are you willing to pay that?

What's it worth to you?

3. fltbroke

fltbroke

I'm just looking to se if anyone actually has any idea of what it would be worth...I know what i'm willing to pay...but I dont want to miss out on such a rare item. There seems to be a lot of info about the exhaust manifold on the internet...everything but what its worth.

4. Seriously, it really only depends on what you think it's worth and not a penny more. You already know what your willing to pay. That's what it's worth...to you.

There's ALWAYS someone willing to pay more than you for almost anything.

Pay what you'll be comfortable with.

5. fltbroke

fltbroke

Cool, thanx for your response. I do appreciate it.

6. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

The exhaust is worth $400-$600,the rest is ehhh since it pretty common stuff

7. I'll agree with that but does it have a casting date? an early '53 could be worth more.

8. I might be mistaken, but aren't the '53-'54 corvette manifolds 3 carb setup???? The ones I've seen have been. They're laying down carbs not standing up!

Klaus

9. klazurfer

klazurfer

Klaus : He said: "I have the opportunity to buy what appears to be a 1954 Corvette factory dual exhaust manifold with an older Offy intake and dual Carters or Rochesters bolted "

fltbroke : $800 seems fair / $1000 OK . Corvette-restorers will pay beyond $1000 4 the dual exhaust manifolds alone.

If your not restoring a Corvette .. , Offenhauser dual intakes are still avaliable , Fenton dual Exhaust can still be bought brand New ,then Add a pair of working/rebuildable carbs : $1000 area... +/-

Klaz:)

10. Duhh! You're right!!! Silly me!

11. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

i have seen them at the swaps from 250$ to 600$ and that was because the condition,and date codes, ibought a pretty rusty one for 175$ - and cleaned it up it looks good , saw an nos one go for 800 so it depends on condition ,the one i have was going to beput on my 51 chevy coupe but the e-brake stuff was in the way ,and i wanted to keep that - , as a side note the intakes for the vette are out there and are not crazy $ 200-1000$ -if it has the carbs expect to pay more ,have a guy local here that restors them and he said that the original aircleaners ,overflowtank and distributor cover are what fetch the big bucks ---joe

12. Track-T

Track-T

Sorta like this one?

Attached Files:

• 1-1.jpg
      1-1.jpg
      File size:
      10.9 KB
      Views:
  13. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

yup thats them !

14. fltbroke

fltbroke

Hey thanx everyone for all the great info!! I will check the stamping on it and see what she says. Any idea how I can find out the year? I'll post the code and try to get a pic of it up as to eliminate any confusion. Again, thank you again for all of your responses.
    HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

15. fltbroke

fltbroke

Ok I believe I have the numbers for the manifold....GM1, 3838102.
    Its not the cleanest piece and tried to clean up the numbers a bit, but this is what it appears to say.Again thanx.

16. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Date code should be on the backside. I've seen them as new as 1956---I think more of them were sold over the Chevy parts counter to hot rodders than what went on Corvettes. List price on them was $18.00 when Fenton headers were $35-$40.

17. fltbroke

fltbroke

HEATHEN....Thank you.

18. The number you posted is the casting ID #. The date code will look something like B-13-54, F-30-4 or G-7-53. The first letter is the month. A=Jan, B=Feb, etc. The second # is the day of the month and the last numbers are the year. If yours is for a production 1953, you'd probably do very well selling it. Only 300 Corvettes made in '53.

19. those carbs pointing the wrong direction??

20. midnight auto parts

midnight auto parts
    from tn

the carbs are pointed right, the picture is turned on it,s side.

21. Track-T

Track-T

Sorry....

Attached Files:

22. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

same carbs as a corvair spider

23. fltbroke

fltbroke

Well folks, thanx again for all the input! I've been scrubbin away at this thing and the numbers are damaged. It appears to say E 8 53...but again the numbers are damaged. I'll try to get it cleaned up a bit more tomorow and see if they show any better. I went ahead and bought it and may just turn it concidering I dont have a 6 cyl to put it on...at least you guys got me thinkin thata way. Thanks again!