Register now to get rid of these ads!

54' update -lots-o-pics-(non-traditional) //possibly moving to AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Draginit1290, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Draginit1290

Draginit1290
    from Mesa, AZ

welp, my car is just a day away from going into storage for a couple o months.:( the guy im renting the shop from has kicked me out for some reason or another(ithink he went crazy!!)

ive made some progress on the car and gonna share it up ..here it is today:

[​IMG]

the motor is in there, just dont have a manifold for it yet. and i did decide to go with 15" wheels and will get whitewalls later after car is running.

-some finer details, the rigid lines have been finally finished. its all aluminim for now as i didnt have time to wait for the stainless steel line to come in.. but atleast the templates are made and it will only take a few hours to make them over in stainless when it arrives:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here in the front it leads to the valve where i was able to center it just under the valance. ill try to get a pic of it later.
    [​IMG]

if i had more time i was going to have the engine running, but i will gone by the 1st. there are more things been done to the car but these are the more prominent.

-after i finished the rear disc conversion, i had to choose my wheels early as the 15 x 5" stocks didnt fit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-the switches are wired in and i have fast and slow bag options(you can see the valves welded on the tank pic)..to reduce the amount of switches i used a DPDT mini-switch for the pancake switch and hitting it up is slow pancake, hitting down is fast pancake.. i like options.. unfortunatle since they are low amp mini-switches, they require two relays per switch,.. it is a lot to jam up under the dash, but i hate those large high amp standard switches!!!there ugly! here is an early foto before it is finished:

-i removed one switch, now i only have 5...
    [​IMG]

-here is the nasty wiring i had to quickly do just so i could pop it up onto a traler for stoarage. ill be redoing this whole section.....this shows only 2 swicthces wired up:eek: sheesh!
    [​IMG]

-made a battery tray to tuck away a battery in the trunk, it now has brackets and is welded into place:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-welp, im sure ive done more little stuff but cant seem to find any more good fotos... but anyways,....

ill be in arizona looking for a place to move(live), from sept 1 on.. my poor car is gonna be in storage until i find a place. fortunaly i have a place to atleast crash until then. if anyone can recommend a good area to search for and buy....and live less restricted around down to earth neighborlies. (not the kind that call the cops if your in the garage past 9pm type) ive been looking in the glendale area. still some good sized lots and detached shop setups out there for under 100k..(of course i havent ruled out staying in cali, i just dont have anywere to crash here right now) i got a place in AZ til end of oct.
    -ive got some family there gonna help me out but it would be good to meet some new people/friends out there.. clubs? hangouts..etc. after i find a place i'll have some catching up to do on the car!! my poor baby:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  2. 52 csb

52 csb

Hey Draginit hows she cuttin dude. The ride has come along real nice. The rear wheel disc is deadly man . Is it a whole kit . Too bad about work space, it may give you time to regroupe for next blast. Ya gettin any help these days later jim

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I .like it.

4. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

you've done a lot of hard work so far,,hopefully you can find a new place to continue...

5. Big Tony

Big Tony

I've always wanted to bag my 54 and now i know exactly what it would look like since mine is about identical, except i have a white spear on the side with flake to mathc the roof. good luck with it

6. Take a look in the Kingman area.

Lots of wide open spaces just outside town and fairly big lots inside of town.