Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Packard 4 door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tattedkat, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Just bought a 54 packard 4 door for my Wife, Eventually ;)..I have a rebuilt ford 302 with upgraded cam, springs and lifters..bored out 30 and 10/10.. have behind it a rebuilt AOD tranny..and plan to put a posi rear end in it..So moving is not a problem..want to know What you guys think would be Cooler..To Chop the top and Keep the 4 doors but put suicide Door kits on it, or to convert it to a 2 Door? Any ideas about this or any other Kustom Ideas for this ride would be appreciated..

The way it is now [​IMG]...

The way it could be, give or take..
    [​IMG]

2. Alejandro Sanchez

Alejandro Sanchez
    from El monte

make it a two door! and please do it the right way (by extending the front doors) and not by just welding the back ones up and calling it a day. (why put so much work into building a car if its not going to look right? (sorry for sounding harsh but i can't stand when people do the quick and ez chop and weld up the back doors, take your time and do it right), anyways you should look at this link:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280940&highlight=chopped+packard

a guy on hear has already done a packard choped 4 door that looks good and i'm in the middle of doing my friend... Hope this helps. (by the way 8.5 inch extension of the front door is just about right). hope this helps.

3. Old Gold

Old Gold

The link is to my build (thanks Alejandro!). Unfortunately it's with it's new owner in Arizona:(. PM me if you have any questions, I'll gladly offer any advice or warnings:eek:

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I did a 52 or 3 Packard for a guy in Philly a long time ago. Did it as a mild 50's custom. Lowered, shaved, nosed and decked, so with the handles shaved, you didn't notice it was a 4 door right away. The car looked real good as it was, but later, the guy chopped it, 2 doored it,, and it didn't have the "look" and charm it did the first time.

5. R Pope

R Pope

I agree with Chopolds. Leave the major mods for another project. Clean it up and drive it! I do like the wide whites and cruiser skirts. The grille looks good, maybe lose the hood ornament and french the lights and antenna.
    Does it have the torsion bar suspension? That would make it easy to slam! But that may be a later development.

6. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Shave it, paint it, drive the shit out of it!!

7. Alejandro Sanchez

Alejandro Sanchez
    from El monte

don't get me wrong, i think its a great idea to either just drive it, or make a mild kustom. but what i'm saying is if your going to chop it then put the extra work into it and 2-door it. just my two cents. -Alejandro