Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Ford Sedan turn signal switch...what to use if I have none?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desertdroog, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. desertdroog
    Joined: Nov 16, 2001
    Posts: 985


    I am finishing up the wiring on the inside of my car and I need a Turn Signal Switch Ford Part No. B5A-13341-A. Both Macs Autoparts and Dennis Carpenter say it is a discontinued item. So... what can I use in lieu of this missing part? I converted my car to 12 volt and replaced the wires, but the switch on the turn signal plate looks kind of thrashed. I am not sure if reusing it will be an option. I am no electronics guy and I have no idea if this is a dumb question to ask.

    Any electronic gurus have any ideas?
  2. blown49
    Joined: Jul 25, 2004
    Posts: 2,212

    Member Emeritus

    Buy a copy of Hemmings News. Should be able to find someone in there that can fix you up. Needed a replacement last year for my '49 Merc. Called a guy and he said "You want new or used $45 used 65 new." Ordered the new and it even came with the wires to slide in the colulmn.
  3. Find a used or N.OS. stock one. It will work fine, they don't know what Volts are.
    The Wizzard
  4. torpedo8
    Joined: Mar 4, 2005
    Posts: 74

    from hell

    i always though hindge mounted arrows on the top of your car powerd by pnumatic cylinders, would be cool, but i havnt worked out all the bugs, so right now im using my arms!


  5. trey
    Joined: Sep 11, 2003
    Posts: 1,219


  6. I have a steering colum from a 55 frod truck steering wheel to steering box. what part do you need and i may be able to pull it off the colum.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.