Register now to get rid of these ads!

'54 Ford Mainline suggestions???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nowaxn5, Jul 26, 2012.

1. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

OK folks, looking for some help.
    I've been working on putting the Caddy back together but that's left me without a driver and that sucks. I don't have a ton of cash but came across this little '54 Mainline. It's a clean car and at a great price. The problem is it NEEDS a few things in my opinion to be cool. Namely some WW Firestones, some '57 Lancers or Caddy sombrero's (which I already have) and an improvent on stance (I also have some three inch blocks on the shelf). I'd much rather have a customline because the mainline's are missing side trim and are kinda slab sided.
    Could somebody maybe do some photoshop magic and put some custom side trim, WW and wheelcovers on this please!!!
    Thanks,
    Jerry

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

C'mon, anyone?

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

how about posting a pic to work with?

4. That Red X is gonna be uncomfortable on long rides

5. Squablow

Squablow

A pair of replacement Ford Aerostar minivan front coil springs will give you a 3" drop in the front to match your blocks and they're about $60 a pair brand new if you go that route.

Here's my '52 with Aerostar springs and 3" blocks in the rear.

[​IMG]

6. Squablow

Squablow

Another thing to remember is the stock wheels on these things stick out really far in the center and don't allow the use of a lot of full wheelcovers. I had planned to run '60 Lincoln Premier caps on mine but they wouldn't go on. Best to try one before you get your heart set on a certain cap.

7. Just buy mine. It's already got all that stuff!

Sent from my Droid using TJJ sucka!

Attached Files:

8. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Sorry for the red x fellas. It came through on my computer. I'll try again... the pics are still small but all I have

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the advice on the wheels Squablow. Good to know.

Nice looking car Cactus. Are those stock wheels and what size are your Firestones?

9. Nice looking ride.

Get yourself some Aerostar coils and some chrome revese wheels and roll on down the road.

Here is my old '54 Vicky.

[​IMG]

10. A tub

A tub

okay no side trim, big deal get some and put it on, colour looks fine, lower it like said put on ur ww tires and find some caps thatl fit, maybe exhaust for some note and away u go, nice lookin start if the price is right do it, its not what u start with its what u vision it can be , u guys are lucky in the U.S. to have so many options, good luck with ur decision mate
    A-tub

11. Thanks! Yes on the stock wheels. I had to weld trim rings to the sombreros to get them to work on the wheels. The tires are kind of big 7.60-15's.

That a clean little Mainline. Good luck!

12. Nice clean looking '54. HRP

13. Squablow

Squablow

It wouldn't be hard to add some '54 Crestline/Customline side trim to that car if you think the sides are a little bland, but '54 Mercury quarter panel teeth are also a popular addition that doesn't require anything more than drilling.

I've also seen '55 Chrysler New Yorker added to the 52-54 Ford cars and it looks fantastic, although I doubt it's real easy to find. It's a nice looking car, with the right wheels and a few details it could be something great.

14. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

FE motors are practically a bolt in. A 428 would make a nice sleeper

15. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looks clean! I like it!

16. Jerry,,your good to go on the '54 Ford Board. HRP

17. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Haha, thanks Danny!

I appreciate the help fella's. Here's some more pics