Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 54 Ford Customline daily driver

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Shane Spencer, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks dude ! It cleans up pretty well, the paint definitely shows its age, chrome needs redone in a lot of areas too. Its just rough enough that i wouldnt mind using it every day to hammer around town, should be a good little ride. Unfortunately its gonna be up for sale once its done, were moving out west and i need to condense the car herd haha

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bowtie Coupe and Peanut 1959 like this.
  2. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Painted up the seat tins, two toned. Still need to stripe them

5ED1BE69-7A12-407F-B5D1-D2A8D7540AAF.jpeg
    4112B203-B90F-4CC6-A568-607565D9BB7F.jpeg
    62190A5E-B021-41C5-A139-F850A03EE29E.jpeg
    F879579F-8BC7-4E08-8BCC-27D2FA4DE7E2.jpeg
    F5CC353D-3A11-4531-AB45-86EB3A3B1250.jpeg

3. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

4. 1959apache

1959apache

Glad to see you still at it. Looks pretty good Shane!

5. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

6. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

my first car was a 54 ford customline too! drove it all through high school, graduated in 2007, i was the weird guy who liked old cars haha, love the look of yours!

7. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

are you selling the tweed covers?

8. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

oliver westlund likes this.
  9. Jeff Bohmann

Jeff Bohmann

where did you find the front end rebuild kit? All I have able to find is one on Kanter and it’s well over $300

10. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Jeff Bohmann likes this.
  11. Jeff Bohmann

Jeff Bohmann

Thanks Jeff, I ended up finding one on eBay, I think from the same outfit. However, I bought the kit that included the tie rods. I’ll hopefully be up and running on my 54 build soon. I have a project in the garage that I’m about to finish and the the ford will get moved in and start dismantling...thanks again

JeffB2 likes this.
  12. Jeff Bohmann

Jeff Bohmann

Looks like Shane went Ghost for some time. Hope he starts posting again as I would like to see his progress. Learned much from his posts and hope to apply some of the information when I get rolling on my 54 customline.

brEad and JeffB2 like this.
  13. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Sorry for the lack of posts guys. Been super busy. Hoping to get er fired sometime soon.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

15. I don't recall seeing the seat tins painted two tone but I got to admit it looks good, that's thinking outside the box and attention to detail. HRP

16. OldStyle

OldStyle

Maybe a silly question - but when you put the top of the rear seats back in , did you have problems to get it down on the " hooks " , so that the lover mountings aligned with the holes in the floor ? Reason im asking is because I got my interior redone , but the rear seat top dosent fit.

17. Amazing thread, Shane. Looking forward to more of this car! Reminds me of Willy Wonka....The golden ticket wrapped around the chocolate bar. I absolutely love the dumped 60's mild custom look.

18. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Hey oldstyle, yea i had to relocate the lower mounts about an inch forward, seat back wouldnt attach otherwise. Thanks com, and everyone else for that matter, for all the kind words.

Unfortunately about a month ago i found out that a close family member of mine pretty well wrecked my finances behind my back. Sadly, i just sold the car to a good buddy of mine who also has a chopped shoebox. Ill be posting more shots of the car once its done, but sadly i couldnt finish the build. Thanks everybody that hung along all this time, i appreciate everyones help and kind words on the build

JeffB2 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  19. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

bummer, sorry for your losses

20. DIYGUY

DIYGUY
    from West, TX

Sad news, best of luck.

21. No Bueno....The closest people cut the deepest. Hope you can get things sorted and back onto projects quickly. You've got a great eye for design.
    Regards.

DIYGUY and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. So sorry, Shane, for the bad luck. That totally sucks, especially when it involves family. Hope things turn around for you............Don.

Bowtie Coupe, OLSKOOL57 and DIYGUY like this.
  23. Shane, sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I hope things turn around quickly for you.

24. 54vicky

54vicky

add me to the list of people that feel bad :(about you problem.sounds like you have passed it on to someone that will hopefully carry on.keep your chin up

25. AaronEFW

AaronEFW
    from Fort Wayne

26. Rottenwood Garage

Rottenwood Garage

Shane,
    This piece of art has made its way to my stable. Grab my info from Steve or PM me in case you ever want it back. You have first refusal.

27. Rottenwood Garage

Rottenwood Garage

In an attempt to keep this thread intact, I will continue to update. As with most of my vehicles, this well build beauty is FOR SALE!

I have ordered a radio delete plate, Bluetooth tunes (priorities) Speedhut GPS speedometer control box, glove box liner and am starting on hubcap replacement options.

First projects are to complete the turn signal switch wiring, install GPS speedometer controller and either figure out the stock fuel gauge or hide one in the glove box area.

https://www.speedhut.com/ecommerce/product/2585/SPEEDBOX%E2%84%A2-GPS-VSS-to-Mechanical-Drive-Speed-Converter-(Cable-Included) IMG_2399.JPG IMG_2321.JPG IMG_2322.JPG IMG_2312.JPG

28. sololobo

sololobo

What a nice score to get this 54 back. It is a great looking rig. A tu-tone will set it off very nice. Sounds like you are enjoying this baby already, keep on keepin on.

29. sololobo

sololobo

Love your moving forward on this ride. I love the stock 54 grille and think it rocks. One of the most iconic 54 Ford customs is Jimmy Vaughn's, done by the late Gary Howard, he retained the gorgeous stock grille, just sayin. It is also a sweet tu-tone car.

30. sololobo

sololobo

omg, wheel and cap choice is awesome. I just gringe when I see all these 20 somethings on cars these days, I guess they are just caught up in the craze? You are really rockin this little Ford

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.