Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage '54 Ford Club of America convention - PHOTO'S ADDED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Here's a few more. HRP

100_1962.JPG
    100_1930.JPG

ROCKER77 likes this.
  2. how many 54 Fords showed up?...were there any other wagons?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i'll ask the usual question. how many drove there like you did? my first car was a '53 ford business coupe when i was 15. it was all stock but that didn't last long. i was going to the drags at lions every weekend and fell in love with the gassers. so i built it that way. straight axle, 1100-16 slicks, sat real high, put a blown 394 olds in it. it took 7 years to build. i never finished it though. one day i was just looking at it and said "i am tired of working on this thing" i stripped it down and sold the parts and junked the body. the things we do when we are young and dumb!! i was thinking about it a while back and thought at 69 years old i should try and build another one. i started looking and after a couple of years i found the same body style but a '54. that will do. it had been in a mud slide and was packed to the belt line in mud. paid $400 and took it home. suprisingly very little serious rust mostly surface. i am going to build it the same as my first one but with a 460. no title so it will be a strip car only.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Only 20 cars showed up and several cancelled at the eleventh hour and there were no more wagons.

We had 65 people attend.HRP

5. There were about 7 cars that were trailered, my pal Dale & his brother Ken has attended every '54 Ford convention and the car they drive still has the original inline Ivory 6.

They are from Texas and been to New Orleans, California, Texas, Missouri, Virginia & Michigan, these guys are road dogs and carry a trunk full of spare parts and they have proved you can drive a original old car anywhere you want. HRP

Sky Six, 54vicky and flyboy89 like this.
  6. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i agree with that whole hardily. my dd is a '53 henry j gasser. straight up '60's gasser. axle, cutout wheel wells, engine setback, drum brakes, no heater or air conditioning. been driving it since 2001. been every got damn where. arizona, lost wages, sears point towing my '32 bantam flathead powered altered too. about the only problems i have had were a broken toggle switch and a broken axle.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Go check out the ornamental Metal Museum in downtown Memphis, eat at Topps Barbecue and stop at Gibson donuts. The main thing is carry a gun and be careful where you go.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  8. Your wagon is the best, congrats on the award. Interesting to have a car club with such a narrow focus, but I should join as I too have '54 Ranch Wagon.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Thank you Ric. HRP

I am the administrator over on the '54 Ford Club of America web site and would love to have you join us.

http://www.1954ford.com/

ric likes this.
  10. Anybody have a "Coronado Kit" false Continental Kit for sale, really bad one is ok if the trim is with it. Email me at [email protected]

11. There was a guy that had one for sale a while back on the '54 Ford Club of America website, I'll check and see if it's still available. HRP

12. John shoot me a conversation and I will put you in touch with the guy that owns it, it's a complete kit. HRP

13. OK, thanks, Coronado Kit any condition, thanks. JW