Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 chevy grill part q's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrolla2k3, Oct 9, 2008.

1. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

Hey guys,

Im researching what parts I need for the grille on my '54 and have found a few places that make new grilles and teeth, but what does the hood actually latch to? Since I bought my car with no grille I have never seen where it latches to or where the release is located. Is this a serperate piece from the actual grille? Pics would be awesome.

Thanks
    Jaison

2. Jason,
    Which website are you looking at? In this website does it come with the top rail( right under the hood which sweeps down over both fenders?) the latch assembly is scewed in from the front valance( on the bottom; 2 holes) and another 2 scews on that top rail. Its a simple latch but you must find a stock one or else face the hard truth that the hood may open at speed.

3. jrolla2k3

jrolla2k3

4. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

if its like 53, and i think it is, theres a bracket that attatches to the grill bars and drip filler panel with the latch mechanism on it

5. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

You are correct. I keep a delimited search on my ebay account for 53 and 54 Chevy passenger car stuff and there is a guy who periodically puts up latch plates and hood brackets for sale that he powdercoats at home. I think he was asking $40 each for the latch plates.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

if you need a picture i can send you one..or look in my picture files here , there is a picture where i am changing my cam and it shows the bracket..mines a 53 but its the same. just go look in my profile at my 53 chevy pictures..or pm me your e-mail