Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs '54 Chevy Grill Opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod54chevy, Jun 18, 2012.

1. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

For years my car's had the stock 5 teeth. I recently got an extra center bar with all 5 teeth. I was going to just replace my 5 teeth but think instead I'll just add to my stock setup. I know it'll be easier just to add 4 now (add one in between every current tooth) but if I eventually go up to 15, how does it work then? Trying imagine it before I drill anything. Measure twice, cut once! Just trying to make it easier on myself down the road! Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!

2. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Keep the teeth in order, pull them out, measure, drill, and install the needed teeth. I prefer the 9 tooth look. My .02

3. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

9 tooth does usually look better. i have seen some cars pull off the 15 tooth look though.

4. gas pumper

gas pumper

I got the 9 tooth look on mine. at the time I couldn't get a full set of the inbetweens so they are miss matched, nobody knows but me.

Attached Files:

5. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I had 11 teeth in my grill for a look but decided that it looked too crowded to me, so I stayed with a 9 tooth grill......see my avatar....

CB

6. Mr Nilsson

Mr Nilsson
    from Sweden

I prefer the 15 tooth grille. :cool:
    But if you do a 9 tooth now you´ll need another grille bar when it´s time to upgrade to a 15 tooth as the holes won´t line up.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

You could be a cheap a$$ like me and just not get a full set of teeth.:D
    [​IMG]

8. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

Lucky for me I had an extra center bar and 5 teeth! My original center bar's still undrilled in case I get more teeth, but it needs a good polishing. I guess it's stainless?

9. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

An original bar should be chrome but I'm not an expert on those ether.

10. I hope to install the 4 teeth I just got in the mail this afternoon. Is it mandatory to have the little screw at the top of the teeth?