Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

54 chevy "gasser" trade

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by 52chevkiwi, Jan 17, 2020.

1. City: Quinton

State: Virginia
    Price: 25000
    not actually a Gasser but you know..

406sbc.
    This was a car I was building to be an homage to the 2 lane blacktop Chevy.
    It was being built to start a shop working from home, and was meant to be bullet proof and be fast not poserish. I was trying to keep more of a 70s type look from the outside.
    The car is so light now it should be stupid fast. Dyno sheets tell all about the power.
    A divorce changed plans and my monetary situation and I'm in too deep to finish this now with what it is and has, replacing a pair of rear tires is completely out of my reach nowadays even if I don't race it..I just want to drive something, even if it isn't this. I also just don't have motivation to put time into this anymore.

I'm looking for someone willing to finish it who wouldn't mind the work and is motivated. Someone who is prepared to either trade down from something they want out of that is drive-able, or, someone willing to trade up to this from "less"car that is at least drive-able.

I have everything needed to finish, except driveshaft and trans controller.
    Everything I have for this car and everything on it is all 100% brand new and unused, except the body and frame themselves. Engine only has a days dyno time.
    tilt front is all steel and designed to open with one pull on the hood emblem. I used some small roller wheels and 1/8" rod to flare out the bottom of the fenders as you pull it up.

Not trying to be a choosing beggar about it but I'm looking for something that is more traditionally built as in, old school factory type performance engine like an iron head 377 or 327 etc, I like tunnel rams, m22 muncies and ladder bars. Body condition not important. Even something extremely rough but at least blown if you want out of that. Similar work to what I have done to this is OK. Id even look at a roller for roller trade for a street-able drag car if you want a change and want to keep your engine and trans, something I could just drop my engine in and go.

This might be an off topic car but its the best place for me to find something more traditional like I would like to have now.
    I like 36, 37, 38ish Chevy coupe or chevy truck, 41-46 chevy trucks, 35ish ford trucks and 57-58 Chevys. Something like that yellow f1 truck on ebay recently.
    Please, no rat rods.

I CAN NOT deliver or bring it to you. I am pay check to pay check and only own a Prius. I had to sell everything I had to move this car in the divorce. Any trade assumes you the responsibility to bring your car to me and take this Chevy home. I realize how that sounds but it is the way it is, I'm sorry.

You would also get to go through all my stuff and have everything I have left over that I cut out of this car, heater, bumpers, door guts, stainless trim, glass etc..

Work will progress as I can be bothered and I might regain interest at any point and want to keep it if my situation improves. Im currently working on window sliders like the two lane car has and then will be starting on a 10pt chromoly cage
    eb.jpg 34fv.jpg 124.jpg bgef.jpg dtjdth.jpg egr.jpg etateb.jpg jymm.jpg nhthb.jpg nn.jpg regr.jpg rn.jpg rytr.jpg tht.jpg tj.jpg tte.jpg w4tw.jpg ymutny.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Gerbz2016 likes this.