Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 chevy gambino notch help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bcchooligan, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Bcchooligan

Bcchooligan
    from Mass

I got my notch in the mail but I dont have a rearend for the car yet.....does anyone who has one installed have the measurement of the center of the notch from the rear of the frame? Or anything else that will help me install it....thanx

2. SUADES40

SUADES40
    from TRACY CA

Hey Bcchooligan, this is jonny from Gambino Kustoms, give us a call @ 408-561-5744 for some help with your car. thanks!

3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

is the body on the frame ? any ways level the body front to back side to side find the center of the wheel opening plum bob it to the floor do it on the other side draw a line on the floor then plum bob up to the frame cut a notch on the frame edge with a cut off wheel MEASESURE THE OTHER SIDE SO THEY ARE EXACT if the body is off the frame you can mark the center on the opening lip on each side take a strait edge line it up on the marks measure that line to the body mount hole that is over the axle on the frame then transfer that measurement on your frame that should get ya in the ball park ...

NOTE : just talked to this customer and hes good to go