Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 chevy dual braking problerms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Muffler Bearing, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Muffler Bearing

Muffler Bearing

i ordered the dual circuit brake kit and new lines from national chevy assoc., everything went in nice and easy. now its time to bleed the brakes. what ive always done in the past was bleed the longest line first, and work my way to the shortest. the back goes fine, but as soon as i get to the front fluid starts spraying out of the rear chamber of the mc getting all over my pants, the seat, and floor but the pedal goes stiff and no fluid comes out of the front bleeder screw.

whats going on? i rolled the car around a little and it stops just fine with the rear wheels but i cant get the front to do a thing!

:confused:

-j

2. old dirt tracker

old dirt tracker
    from phoenix

wow thats a wild sounding problem. i would like to make sure the lines are passing fluid and would trouble shoot them from end to end than look at the calipers. just because you bought new stuff i would be suspect the new parts. sounds like something may be defective.