Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Chevy Chop Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Andy_H, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Andy_H

Andy_H

Hello everyone,
    Now I know there are several previous posts on here about chopping 54 Chevy's but it seems hard to find out what exactly was done for a rear window and how much the car was chopped. I am looking to chop a 54 post car soon and I am wondering if I could get some photos along with the specifics of the chop (rear window used, amount of chop - front and rear, etc).
    Do I need to just look for a rear window and then make a channel to fit or should I try to get part of the roof off the car as well? I want to start off on the right foot so I am trying to do as much research as I can prior to starting. Thanks in advance. Hope some people can help me out.

Andy

2. rodknocker

rodknocker

3. Custom54

Custom54

Mine is 3 5/8" on the A pillar and 3 3/4" on the B pillar with a shoebox rear window.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rexrogers

rexrogers

This is from a 51 chevy we went a little difrent route on the back window on this car the top is removable so i wanted a smaller bck window. the glass is from a 41-48 ford has a nice shape and fits the roundness of the 51 Chevy. You are definatly going about the project corectly study all the chops you can and keep in mind the glass you can make the sheetmetal meet the glass and form to it but glass does not like to move.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. choptvan

choptvan

That looks real clean. I know you have heard it before but, good work!

6. monster

monster

Mine is 3 1/2" all the way around with slanted b pillars and a 49 ford shoebox rear glass. Luke

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      510 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      340.2 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      338.6 KB
      Views:
  7. Andy_H

Andy_H

Thanks everyone, these look awsome. Keep them coming. I appreciate all the info.

Andy