Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 54 capri pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bottledViolence, Aug 3, 2010.

1. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

getting ANOTHER car to fill up the driveway..its a 1954 Lincoln capri that was sitting in a garage for 22 years and was recently sold from the original owners wife and is in amazing shape. aside from the paint and chrome showing age im told it needs the fuel system cleaned and some brake work.

Attached Files:

2. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

some more pics..

Attached Files:

3. WOW nice score those are great cars to turn into mild Kustoms

4. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Wow! You scored bigtime, that car is in great shape, wish mine looked as good. And a 2dr at that. Those gas tanks are a real bitch as far as rust. I have a pretty good one I got, but will not install till the car is ready to be driven. I hope you like that 4 speed hydro you have in it. Great transmission. The 317.5 CID V8 is a good engine,except for the lifter issues. Mine sometime clatter for a bit before getting oil. Good luck and post some more pics. Keep it original!

5. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

<----- Those are simply the best cars ever built!:D:D:D:D Seriously they are really great cars. Have fun with it. What do you plan on doing to it?

6. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Awesome cars, I love my 55.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I have always liked those mid 50's Lincolns. Looks like you have a great project, good luck with it!

8. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Those Lincolns are some of the coolest cars ever.......I'd take one!

9. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Seems as though they won the Mexican road races around 53 54 and 55 if I remember right.

10. I can't believe some of the finds turning up here recently. Love them Lincolns.

11. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

great score. I would fix it slam it, give it a badass paint job and run it.
    low, long and sleek!

12. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

great find couldnt ask for a better starting point

13. cornernfool

cornernfool

I have a fuel tank for that with sender, redone by Macs Radiator in Bellflower Ca. Completely blasted, sealed inside, and coated on the outside. Went with a fuel cell in my 53. PM me if interested. Nice car, let me know if you need anything, Mike.

14. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

I will DEFINATELY keep in tuch if I need a tank cause I'm told the tank is gunked to hell.

As for plans on the car I'm gonna get it roadworthy drive it around and maybe over the winter give it a paintjob and possibly in the future chop the top and that's it.also I picked it up for $2000!

15. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

got the car home and spent about 3 days just cleaning all the crap off of it from sitting under a tree. sanded some rusty spots and primed them and got the interior all clean.the rear window tray was pretty rotten so i made a new one with some black fur but its hard to see in the pic

Attached Files:

16. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

after geting the carpet out i found one hole in the whole floor near the battery box.i got the thing running and hopefully will upload a video of it.after getting it running i found out it needs a water pump but besides that it runs real good and starts right up.since i had the front of the motor apart i decided to clean up with a pressure washer and everything cleaned up really nicely

Attached Files:

17. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Looks like this lincoln could be a great looking custom.They have great style and proportions,so what are your plans for the car?

18. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

for now get it road worthy lower the back a few inches put duals on it and drive til it snows out then take care of all the body issues and paint the car and maybe pull the motor and repaint it. leave it mostly stock but have a few custom touches

19. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I think every 54 Lincoln Capri came with that color combo in the interior. Mine was the exact same color and many others I have seen are exactly the same. It was probably the most popular that year.

Looks like a good start that you have it all cleaned off now.

20. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

havent really done too much besides clean up under the hood alittle and painted a few things

Attached Files:

21. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Looking good! I got to get back to you on the parts I have...

22. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

diggin the progress. love ur car lol.:D

23. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

ive also taken out the heater and put a lpate over the firewall and spraycanned the car a dark gray primer for now

24. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

i havent updated this in a while but i have since put new belts hoses and a waterpump on the car,cleaned out the gas tank put 2 inch blocks in the rear lakes and spot lights and covered the front seat in gorilla hair.got it registered and drove it around and it definately needs a carb rebuild so im waiting on the kit to come in the mail and theres probably more im forgetting

Attached Files:

25. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Looking good!

26. smarg

smarg

The 317 looks good.

Gonna throw some paint at the car?

I like the gold top and the lake pipes.

27. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

im gonna drive it around in primer til it starts snowing then im gonna fix all the bodywork thats showing through but i keep changing my mind on the colors im thinking about keeping the gold but havent decided on a body color

28. westcoaster

westcoaster
    from SoCal

heres one i almost bought a few years back.

Attached Files:

29. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

that black looks really good

30. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

I'm liking the gray.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">