Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 olds fuel pump. Rebuild or replace

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oneqwkfbody, Sep 7, 2009.

1. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Has anyone rebuilt one of thesethemselves? Or should I just core it and replace it? I'd like the thought of keeping all the original parts.

Rebuild kit $73.
    Rebuilt pump 125.

Any input is appreciated.

2. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Well if you can rebuild it and it's worth rebuilding then go for it . Why waist money on that when you will need more on something else !

RetroJim

3. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Rebuild it! The more you learn of your car the better. Just be sure to get a kit that is compatible with the garbage that today passes for gas.

4. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

thanks for the encouragement. i was thinking the same thing! i saw a kit on ebay...hopefully the instructions are good and easy to follow...i have no problems taking things apart....its when they have to go back together again.....

5. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

got the kit today. the instructions were kinda informative. i was wondering if anyone has had any experience and could give me some tips about removing the stem from the original diaphragm. i guess i will find out when i get into it. if anyone knows of a better site with instructions and pictures that would be helpful as well. thanks