Register now to get rid of these ads!

'53 Merc headlight ring (Frenched lights) question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by repeater, Apr 27, 2013.

1. repeater

repeater

Hey all,

I'm using the aftermarket '53 Merc ring kits you can find most everywhere on my '50 Pontiac to french the headlights, so anyone who's used them, hopefully you can help me here...

You have to leave the bezels in to make sure the headlights are centered and proper when you tack the rings in place. Now that I've got them welded in place, how in the hell do you get the bezels off? I see there's 3 steel clips that secure them in, but is there some sort of secret handshake to getting the clips and the bezels out? I've got the backside of 2 of the clips popped, and having trouble with the 3rd, but even with the 2 loose, the bezels don't budge at all, which is leading me to believe I'm not doing this right. I don't want to spend the next 1/2 hour trying to pop that other clip loose if I'm not doing this correctly. Thanks in advance.

2. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks a lot PRDDETROIT;)

3. repeater

repeater

Thanks - I actually saw that article as I set up my buckets the same way for the rear adjustment. The problem is they are using the stock rings - the '53 Merc rings stick out a bit further and have a large chrome interior bezel.

They are the same as these : http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-1953-1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2832d8b2&vxp=mtr

I think I figured out how to get them off by staring at the clips in the pictures forever...but it's I'll have to go out and look tomorrow.

4. I love the look of Merc rings. Next car... 52 Vicky, Merc rings, wide whites, 4 bar spinners, And a flat-head of course.