Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 53 Ford mild custom build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rand Man, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Rand Man

Rand Man

2. DIYGUY

DIYGUY
    from West, TX

SPark--I agree 100%. My wife has cancer and although not given an expiration date (and we didn'task) you just can't dwell on it.
    Best of luck to you and Rand Man.

bobss396 and brEad like this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

Randy, not really fake, just a picture of a dream. Dream on, brother!

4. I believe you are correct...I guess I accomplished my goal if people can tell if it's real or not.;)

5. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

2x

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Spot on @themoose. I’ve read the entire thread, the health struggles here, with tears welling up, and bright spots of pure inspiration with a great big smile...it’s not about what knocks us down, we all will experience that...it’s all about getting back up to face another day of the unknown...and isn’t that what we fear the most? Randy just approach this.....One day at a time...ask God for the strength for one more day. Days turn into Months, Months into years...God bless you Brother, keep the faith! Don’t give up. For all the guys here, on the board, you are the best!! Thank you for the caring and the concern. You make this forum the success it is. That’s my $.02 I’m out- - - later Lou

DIYGUY, cactus1, Rand Man and 5 others like this.
  7. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

I

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

9. Rand Man

Rand Man

Thanks again guys. To be totally honest, my wife is on the warpath. I went through a phase of collecting car and bike projects before I met her, five years ago. It’s the typical hoarder story “I’m going to work on that when I retire”. Now I find myself too young to retire, but barely able to work a 40 hour week.

I absolutely have to loose this crap, or else loose a trophy wife. This car and a shitload of crap are for sale at clearance prices. Everything must go! Crazy Randy is having a going out of business sale. Buy one get one free! Bring your truck and trailer. Free ice cream for the kids! Act now! Operators are standing by. Be there! Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

10. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Great sense of humor. Keep it. Do what you know you need to do. All the bestlol

brEad and Rand Man like this.
  12. I had a brain bleed (subarachnoid hemorrhage) 2 1\2 years ago I pray that your higher power guides the surgeons hands and you make a full recovery

Rand Man likes this.
  13. Rand Man

Rand Man

Thanks. My surgery was a year ago this week. I’m walking and taking fine. Just get tired too early to accomplish much.

catdad49 and brEad like this.
  14. As we go thru life quite often we find that others are fond of telling us what we ought to do. They some how think they are better equipped to make decisions about us or our stuff than we can. But the fact is unless they have a court order making them our guardian its our choice. Back when scrap was high I was Driving Truck and a scrapper came by and offered 90 thousand dollars for my hoard. My wife and son where giddy making plans about how they where gonna spend that money. I came home and they couldn't wait for the car crusher to arrive. But I simply stated only one problem its not yours. You have ought naught to decide what is done with even one lug nut. And no scrapper set foot on my land. Today my social security is deposited and I never spend a cent of it. My wife pays the bills and spends it. What personal money I have is derived from my hoard when I trade or sell something. and The wife don't get a penny of it. And that youngest son was finally pushed out of the nest he gets zero also.

Rand Man likes this.
  15. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

I don’t know weather to laugh or cry....

slv63 likes this.
  16. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remember what Jimmy Soul said.:D

17. Possibly Rand Mans wife instead of being on the warpath could do whatever is necessary to assist him with getting his 53 going? My wife helped me a lot over the decades. Its simply im a alpha male and don't put up with any woman trying to boss me around.

Uribe and John B like this.
  18. I know a guy that married a girl that had two kids (girls) from a dead beat father. He worked for the Highway Dept. and they had a third child together a boy. For years he provided for them. and after they where grown the mother continues to dote on her daughters. and that trio conspired against the males. The guy was nearing retirement. And made his plans. He had a 55 ford htp and55 ford pickup. So he sold them to a strawman. After he retired a 66 he filed for divorce. and they sold the home and divided everything. He now is finaly happy. After more than 5 decades he has his fords on the road.

JeffB2 likes this.
  19. Rand Man

Rand Man

I’ve been divorced more than once. This one gave this 56 year old man a 3 1/2 year old daughter. The little one makes me pretty happy all the time. The big one has her moments that make her attitudes tolerable. I don’t think I will find one that is all fun, all the time.

JeffB2, catdad49, brEad and 1 other person like this.
  20. Rand Man

Rand Man

I am happy to report that I have found a local shop to finish this thing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

21. Good to hear from you, hope your health is improving.

22. Rand Man

Rand Man

Yes, thanks, I’m feeling better. I get tired easily, so it’s hard to accomplish many things. I’ve had two kidney stone surgeries lately. That had given me pain in my back that was hard to diagnose. Shame I had to start pissin blood to get the right help.

23. Rand Man

Rand Man

Guys, see my ad in the classifieds. For sale cheap.

24. Rand Man

Rand Man

I had to wait a couple hours for a potential buyer the other day. I had a chance to look it over really well, and decided to keep it for a while. Talked to the rod shop owner today, and he finally has an opening (any day now). Getting my mojo back.

brEad, Squablow, Sancho and 2 others like this.
  25. Boden

Boden

Wow! We got the same plans. I got a 53 customline tudor sedan. It’s got a souped up mercury motor bored and stroked to 261ci. Rare heads and 2 deuces. I’m 14. I’m going for a mild custom. Late 50s early 60s styles. Nosed,decked, freeze plug door handles, lowered, all of that. I just drove it for the first time in 48 years a week or so ago. It’s got the stock fordomatic trans. But a 3spd od will be going in soon. Here is the car[​IMG][​IMG]

Old wolf and JeffB2 like this.
  26. Boden

Boden

Wow! We got the same plans. I got a 53 customline tudor sedan. It’s got a souped up mercury motor bored and stroked to 261ci. Rare heads and 2 deuces. I’m 14. I’m going for a mild custom. Late 50s early 60s styles. Nosed,decked, freeze plug door handles, lowered, all of that. I just drove it for the first time in 48 years a week or so ago. It’s got the stock fordomatic trans. But a 3spd od will be going in soon. Here is the car[​IMG][​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  27. Rand Man

Rand Man

Keep up the good work kid.

kidcampbell71 and JeffB2 like this.
  28. Rand Man

Rand Man

Well, a month later, I finally got her to the shop. We’ll just have to wait and see how long it takes to get er going again (and how much it cost). [​IMG]

29. catdad49

catdad49

How are you doing?

30. Rand Man

Rand Man

I’m doing pretty good now, thanks. For the last few years I’ve felt terrible most of the time. Turns out I have diabetes. Regular tests showed no signs of it, over the last twenty years. Suddenly, I’m in the hospital, blood sugar over 450. I’m on the right medicine now, lost 40 pounds, stronger. I couldn’t hardly get out of bed, now much better.

Get your sugar tested folks. Dieabeetus ain’t no joke.

brEad, Sancho, Peanut 1959 and 3 others like this.