Register now to get rid of these ads!

'53 Ford Customline, Flathead lives!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 39 chevy kustom, Dec 2, 2009.

1. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

I found this car several years ago behind a business that I do work for but never inquired about it as it seemed to be someone's project. One day while working I noticed the car was gone. That's when I asked about it. They said they were scared of hitting the car with their work trucks, so they moved it down in the woods. The owner had a stroke several years earlier and was no longer able to work on the car. His son-in-law gave me his number and we struck a deal. It is a 1953 Ford Customline 8BA Flathead Fordomatic. It was not running at the time. It had a stripped head bolt. I acquired it as the former owner was in the process of restroring the car. I converted the car to a 12 volt system, while keeping the rest of the car pretty much original. I lowered the rear end with 3'' lowering blocks (soon to be 4'') and cut one coil out of the front springs. I bought the car in September 2008 and put it on the road November 2009. The more I drive it, the better it runs! More pictures in my profile.

Attached Files:

• 15.JPG
      15.JPG
      File size:
      87.6 KB
      Views:
    • 18.JPG
      18.JPG
      File size:
      83.8 KB
      Views:
  2. RAY With

RAY With

There is so much you can do to the old 52-3-4 fords and make them much better than factory. They look good with mild to wild customizeing and the list goes on. You have a nice car there with endless possibilitys.

3. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

good looking car. love them flatheads....

4. Nice ride. Join the 52-54 Ford Hamb club

5. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

6. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Thanks for the comments guys. I am pretty proud of my old Ford, Did not have to spend a ton of money on it either. Have learned alot about flatheads in the process . Finally driving the crap out of it , and having a blast.

7. Looking good Tommy. I even like the short lakes pipes!

8. trailer park playboy

trailer park playboy
    from tulare ca.

9. kingwm33

kingwm33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Delran,NJ

I have a 1953 Customline with a 1956 Caddy mill. Dual Quad set up. Should be on the road this summer.

10. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

that is a sweet ride!

11. 60 ford

60 ford

Great looking car.