Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 ford coupe build help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GBchev, Oct 29, 2011.

1. GBchev

GBchev
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

hey guys i have a 53 ford vicky coupe body im thinking of building her, now i got another 53 that is good for parts such as frame if i use this frame is there a company that makes disc brakes kits and a motor mount/tranny x member kit for chevy 350/350 combo? as well as what rear end should i use? another queston i have a 57 chevy frame thats nice and all good to go what are the chances that my coupe body would fit on there? just curious if any one has done that.

2. rodknocker

rodknocker

http://www.mpbrakes.com brakes [UR...49-1953-Ford-Mercury-Frame-Adapters,6669.html motor mount, scroll all the way down.
    I' keep the frame as long as its in good shape. The rear end depends on how you're building the car, the stock rear should hold a mild sbc, as long as you're not beating it senseless.

3. GBchev

GBchev
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

Im going for lead sled I was thinking the stock frame would work best and I got a 68 GMC that is parts truck I was think of chopping the back suspension off and using that with air bags and huge C notch as for rear I would like to update it my 350 is built up a bit