Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 F100 Built with the wifes money

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoodprop, Jul 10, 2013.

1. hoodprop

hoodprop

This all started about a year ago. The wife I take a trip out to Strugis SD with with some friend on our bikes. Come back from the trip got fired. So during my new found free time I am hanging a good friend of mine admiring his wife 50 Chevy truck telling him I want another old truck to work on. He tells me another good friend of mine has one at his dads that is for sale. so I decide to go take a look. I saw it and wanted it. With no job I look at my wife and ask if we can get it. She agrees. So this is what I Got to bring home.

the beginni.jpg
    It sat in the driveway and finally i got a new job and started right away. Got a motor and trans and some seats. I put a SBC in it I know all the ford guys just exited the thread. But it is what I wanted. Got the truck all wired by myself had some friends help build the motor. Drive shaft out of a caddy and radiator out of a dodge. I redid all the brakes and tie rod end. My truck first trip was to the Sins of Steel show right down the road from the house 15 minutes away. My daughter rode there with me. Had a great time. It is now at paint waiting to get done. And i have decided once I get it back it is getting a bench sit and a lokar floor shifter.

With out the love and support of my wife this would have not been possible. She has been by my side the whole build. Sitting in her chair under her heater watching me do my thing and helping when she can. The kids would also come out to see what I was doing. It is a no thrills truck but i love it. This site helps a lot to. Will be going to Midnight Mass but the F100 wont be.
    ford2.jpg

ford3.jpg

hotrod.jpg

otor.jpg

53 F100 Burnout.jpg

sins.jpg

ford8.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks like it runs pretty good. HRP

[​IMG]

3. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

I had a jeep that smoked like that. Never had to change the oil... :)

Good to see you driving your truck... even if its got a sbc.

4. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice looking F100 but I can hear it just begging to have it's hood put back on.

5. MonteSS

MonteSS

Nice truck. Did the same SBC chevy route with mine.