Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 f100 booster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lilrobo, Jun 27, 2013.

1. lilrobo

lilrobo
    from ky

hey guys booster did you guys go with on your f100,, i have drum /drum and will stay with them and want to add a new M/C and booster ,, just something simple

thanks

2. uc4me

uc4me

3. lilrobo

lilrobo
    from ky

mine mounts on firewall i guess the people before me changed it

4. lilrobo

lilrobo
    from ky

is 53 to 56 the same ??? a person saqid they use a booster and master cylinder from a 85 ranger ,, i just checking i do have a firewall mount

5. lilrobo

lilrobo
    from ky

is this what everyone is using ?? i have the pedal now but i am sure its not the right one

[​IMG]

6. lilrobo

lilrobo
    from ky

just woundering ,, if where the rear axle is different would that make the brakes bad ( soft ) or just could be the wrong master cylinder ,, i think i am going to get the kit from mid 50 and start from there ,, the rear wheel cylinder shouldnt make a difference ??

7. uc4me

uc4me

I wouldn't think so but there are a lot of variables that could be effecting things in the system, especially if someone had their fingers in it who didnt know what they were doing. its hard to give you a good opinion of whats up without pics or detailed information about whats been done to the truck, the firewall mounted setup may be fine and you might just have to replace some parts.

I went with under the floor/stock location because I didn't want to have a mastercylinder/booster hanging in the engine bay (it was also easier to install in a truck that still had the stock pedals and whatnot).

There is also a boatload of information here:
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

I'm going with late 80's -early 90's Jeep, (53 F100)

As uc4me stated-- good info over on the ford-truck site.