Register now to get rid of these ads!

'53 F1 ideas needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAM, Oct 13, 2005.

1. JAM

JAM

A friend of mine just picked up a '53 tonight. Another great barn find- it's in really nice shape. Anyway- he's lookin to build a balls-out down and dirty hot rod. It being his first build he was asking me for ideas. Basically he wants to run the cab- no bed, no hood, no fenders. To do this, we'll probably have to fab a whole new chasis. I like the concept but I'm having a hard time picturing the front end. Anyone ever done something like this? (photo's would be great) Any ideas on a grille shell that we could run and not look hideous? It couldn't be too small or it will look out of place and would have to have round qualities to match the cab. I figured I'd ask here first to get some inspiration.

2. kentucky

kentucky

Sounds to me like he needs to sell it and get a model A or similiar cab. F1's and F100's are too sharp to hack up IMHO. Now if the cab was all he had...cut away:D

3. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

And a 53 is an F-100, not an F-1

4. "Gosh Eddy - what'd 'ya wanna do that for"....Somehow Leave it to Beaver popped into mind after what your friend has in mind. I think if you told him to put 2 pencils on the kitchen table & then place an egg on those 2 pencils he would get a size idea of how a "fat cab" would look without much else. I would also steer him towards something like a Model A roadster pickup instead. But hey, I'm a Chevy Guy who likes just about everything except Jap cars with goofy cone tipped mufflers and tires that were made with only half a sidewall...............Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy:D

Register now to get rid of these ads!