Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 Chevy rear air bags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Txkahuna, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Txkahuna

Txkahuna
    from Texas

Does anyone know if there is someone out there that makes
    a air bag kit-brackets to mount spring/frame or rearend/frame
    for 1953 Chevy 210/Belair?

Thanks,
    Kahuna John

2. Chevs of the 40s sells a complete kit.

3. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

4. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

5. Tin Can

Tin Can

I recomend the kit from ALex too. Thats what I put in my ride

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

If youre bagging it, get yourself the Gambino notch, i did! Alex is great to deal with and is always helpful.. half the bagged chevies on here are running something from Gambinos! good luck, CJ

7. Txkahuna

Txkahuna
    from Texas

What I want to do is C-notch the frame, use 2.5" dropped leaf springs, 2" blocks,
    and the frame to spring or rear end to frame bags! I don't have the money of the equipment to install a Gambino or Jimenez Bros. 2 or 4 link setup. I want it to sit 4" to 6" off the ground when deflated, i'm not interested in a total slam!

KJ

8. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Then you should reconsider the bagging part because it WILL NOT ride well with that combo. You will put alot of work in for very little benifit. You can easily drive it low with a better ride with springs and blocks. If you must have bags do the whole kit once so you dont end up doing it twice!! Im bagging my 54 too and like others have said GAMBINO is the only way to go if you choose the bag route!

9. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

you can achieve that with a gambno notch , a set of supper slide springs & blocks , over the axle brackets & bags and it will set you back about 800.00 bucks . you can use a shrater valve or pony up for the air management ether way i can dial you in call us
    408 561 5744

10. 210Grinding

210Grinding

everything that i have seen on here ....you gotta go with a Gambino ...hands down!!

11. choptvan

choptvan

Doin the bag on spring is wrong. You will regret it. Wish I had a pic, but a friend did it this way. Broke the leaf spring. They are not made for that. Rethink it. And just because you get a notch Gambino, or otherwise, doesn NOT mean you have to do a full slam on it! You can adjust it how you see fit. Use only half the notch or somehting like that. Hope that makes sense to you!

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, and when considering a 2-link, for god's sake don't buy one made from square or rectangular tubing! Some builders think that they are exempt from the laws of physics and materials science. Don't buy into it.

Search for "truck arms" or "nascar arms". There are numerous threads that will explain this in full detail.

13. Txkahuna

Txkahuna
    from Texas

I don't have the equipment to remove the body for a 2 link setup and I want tro keep my gas tank in the stock position, Money is also a factor!

KJ

14. cain

cain
    from riverside

You dont have to remove body for a 2 link set up.
    Call me 9517811268
    Jimenez Bros Customs