Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 53 Chevy full custom build thread by Krazy Korys Kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krazy kory, Jan 27, 2011.

1. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

2. Mathius

Mathius

Not a fan of the grille (I like the skulls you had originally, anymore pics of those?) but just an awesome build. The rims look a lot better with the orange, IMO. Maybe I missed it, but is that an air suspension or a just a static drop?

One more question... when you do drastic chops and sections like this, how do you do the glass? Do you more or less do what you need to do and then let the glass people work with it, or do you work alongside them, or talk to them before hand?

I want to do something relatively simple as far as glasswork on my '76 chevelle... I want to get rid of all the chrome trim and close the gaps in to mount it more like a modern windshield.

Awesome awesome build,

Mathius

3. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

damn dude. that color looks awesome!!! and i love the grill! shit....i love the whole car!

4. krazy kory

krazy kory

Mathius
    I am glad that you like the build. Sorry you don't like the grill. It was intended to look like a '60's eras costoms the drawer pulls were very popular back then.
    To ansor your first question, it has a static drop. It has a Camero front clip and 3" blocks with a cuple of springs removed in the rear. It is also C-notched for travel.
    Asfar as the glass goes it can be dificult. There are several ways to cut glass. I've herd of guys taping the glass out with duct tape and using a sandblaster to etch away the glass to be removed. You can also sand the glass down. I prefer cutting the glass with a diomond glass cutter. I usually make a template out of cardboard or Masonite to insure the proper fit. No matter how you cut it you better be propereard to buy more glass.
    in this car we used lexan for the front because the original glass was broken during removel and because of lack of time.
    sometimes the original glass won't work with the chop and you just have to plan around it if you can. I knew that the stock rear glass wasn't going to work because it had a compound curve and wouldn't flow with the lines of the top with a 6" chop so I used plexy glass so I could make it have a single curve. I had to hammer the pinch welds down for the straight glass to seet corectly.
    [​IMG]

You can see the compound curve in the stock glass.
    [​IMG]
    The new glass is flat top to bottom and flowes with the top.
    Thanks Krazy Kory.

5. Nice build, many very good ideas, but IMO loose the '59 caddy stuff.. Seriously loose it!
    There's so many better options out there.

Klaus

6. Mathius

Mathius

So you cut your own glass then. Now are you able to do that with cars that have the newer tempered, shatter glass, whatever its called? Anyone know what year they started doing that? Or how to identify it?

Mathius

7. metalix_421

metalix_421

good looking car man. it is LOUD with your color choice

8. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

Thanks all of you for your input on my 53 chevy. It was a blast to do, all this work was done in 62 days. That's before working the night shift everyday and all weekend. Krazy Kory is a great friend and a very good teacher. Also Dirty Pee Wee Rowdy Randy Afterburner Four friends bringing one dead car to life at a time.

9. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

Keep your eyes out for Afterburner 1957 chevy gasser, Drity Pee Wee chevy panel truck, Rowdy Randy ford lighting, and more from krazy kory. Bring one dead car to life at a time.
    Thanks
    Afterburner

10. krazy kory

krazy kory

So its been a while sence I have posted on here. We have been driving the hell out of the 53, but it is showing some wear and tear and I was never happy with the out come. So we have taken it down and are giving it a face lift for this years Lone Start Roundup and here are a fiew pictures of what it is going to look like. We started this about four weeks ago.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

11. krazy kory

krazy kory

Attached Files:

12. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

One of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. Don't like the gills, don't like the choice of tail lights, or the grill, and don't like either color you've put on it. I've never liked a top chop this much in the rear. Looks out of proportion. Do like the way you welded the hood up, and the grill shell, & like the shaved doors. My opinion doesn't matter though, if it makes you happy. Drive the tires off it.

13. RacerRick

RacerRick

I like that car, and really like the new color.

14. krazy kory

krazy kory

Attached Files:

15. krazy kory

krazy kory

Attached Files:

16. krazy kory

krazy kory

Attached Files:

17. Smokey2

Smokey2

I Dig the New Look !!!

Thanks for posting. :cool:

Smoke

18. EnVoloNosFides

EnVoloNosFides
    from Salem, OR

Dig the new paint - looks great! Got a couple questions because I plan on doing similar stuff to mine - for the rounded hood corners at the body/fenders, did you have to completely weld the front fenders to the body? I'm a little sketch about doing so with mine; I'm going for a Merc-style grille surround so I know I'll have to weld the front fenders together in front, but did you do so in the back as well?

Thanks and nice work!!!