Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 53 Chevy full custom build thread by Krazy Korys Kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krazy kory, Jan 27, 2011.

1. krazy kory

krazy kory

Thanks man I'm glad somebody likes the dang things. On the fenders I used the fender lips from a 61 chevy c-10 fleetside truck. I raised the fronts up 2 inches and lowerd the back ones 5 1/2 inches.

2. Philbilly

Philbilly

I remember seeing that car at the roundup last year. Its going to look a lot different once you get finished. I like everything you've done so far.

3. nwx

nwx
    from Tacoma, WA

Subscribed! Cool Build!

4. krazy kory

krazy kory

More body work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 76cam

76cam

Man that 's looking good.But could you please keep the bondo dust off my model a.lol......... Keep up the good work!!!!!!

6. krazy kory

krazy kory

Thanks, but I guess I'll have to push that modle- A out in the rain sence nobody ever works on it.

7. cederholm

cederholm

Damn! ...that think looks EVIL!! I bet it would beat me up and take my sandwich!

Great work!

8. 76cam

76cam

Hard to work when theres a welding hog in the shop. lol.. a 46 hog and now a 53 hog... If at all possible ill be there this weekend if the welder is avalible lol.. Im not in a hurry.OH and ill be bringing a 48 ford hog for you to weld on to....

9. 76cam

76cam

Must be a slow day at work if you got time to reply lol...You lucky devil......

10. Noland

Noland

Wow you really did some cool stuff with this car, Its coming along very nicely. Im doing a 53 front end for a guy more of a mild custom. I welded the factory bezels to the fenders like you did, he also wants to weld the grill and gravel sheid on and smooth it in. He wont let me chop it, I really want to. I like how you took the center out of the grill. the car looks totally 50's AWESOME JOB. I wish I owned one of these cars

11. cicciobilly

cicciobilly
    from italy

I'm not into the tail light treatment too, but I like very much all the other mods you did till now!

12. agutto13

agutto13

looks great! keep up the good work!

13. FASI

FASI

I must say I disagree with your idea that the tailights give the car motion. They aren't an integral part of the rest of your design but merely look tacked on. They don't need to stick out like flame throwers do be noticed. Much of the rest of the car is subtle and well executed, Do the same for the lights.

14. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

The build is looking great! I gotta agree with most everyone else, though. They kinda look a little "phoned-in". Not saying that you didn't put thought into 'em, just that everything else looks soo "right". I'd love to see the back end done up like a '54 Pontiac only without the hump and the bezels molded in. You're in TX there HAS to be a Pontiac in a field somewhere!

[​IMG]

15. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Nice work so far, I'm not going to jump on the " don't like the taillights" thing because it's only my opinion, and it doesn't matter what I think about them. But I do like everything you have done so far.

16. Way better!

17. krazy kory

krazy kory

Got the roof done tonight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

Lookin' good Kory! Your really startin' to kick that cars ass!!! Really lookin' forward to see the finished project!

19. krazy kory

krazy kory

Thaught I mite throw in a few misalanious pictures that I have saved.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. krazy kory

krazy kory

This is a 46 chevy buisiness coupe that I am working on. Gave it a 31/2" chop and a custom hood and a 49 dodge grill. Cool car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. krazy kory

krazy kory

Off subject but what the heck. This is a 55 1st that we built a while back. 5" chop , 57 headlights lots of work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

did you just completely bondo over the beltline???
    damn thats gotta be about an inch thick around that back window if you did.

p.s. im in to weird shit, but even i dont like those taillights. they already look custom being extended they dont need caddy lights sticking out another foot.

23. krazy kory

krazy kory

I did bondo in the belt line the valley on ether side of the belt line is no more than a 1/4" thick not an inch thick.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't think a 1/4" is worth the time and effort to cut it out and add metal in.

24. Sukie

Sukie

Lookin good man, cant wait to see more !!

25. krazy kory

krazy kory

26. ive been thinking about doing something similar to my beltline area look forward to seeing a full side profile shot when you roll her out

27. robleticia

robleticia

Never seen the beltline removed like that, very interesting! I cant wait to see what it looks like with some paint on it!

28. 76cam

76cam

Man yall have been busy looking good.Damn sure does look diffrent with out the belt line I like it!!!!!!!!

29. krazy kory

krazy kory

Gettin closer on the body work. Hope to have it in primer by the weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

gettin closer to roundup and viva las vages were going to make it