Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '53 chevy car grille surround:what insert would look GREAT?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by anteek49, Sep 9, 2015.

1. anteek49

anteek49

I have a early '60's style custom with a '53 chevy grill surround. I need an insert or ideas for one that I can build. Has anyone ever used '58 Ford mesh or '59 ford star mesh? "50 Olds insert didn't work with the rectangular shapes. Definately didn't didn't like the '54 chevy bar with extra teeth;too belly button. I've got the car 99% done and don't want the grill to kill it.

2. 57 Buick. (and I have one for sale)

3. anteek49

anteek49

Sorry,the '57 buick is too big. Tried both series,love them,have one in my '57.

4. '54 Pontiac was cool back when....

pont.jpg

belair likes this.

5. you neglected to say what car you have the 53 surround installed in

6. jeffyg82

jeffyg82

Here is my 53 grill granted it's in a 53 but I removed the turn signals and teeth made a longer bar, identically shaped like the original.... plain, simple and clean

Attached Files:

bcumbie, vwdave30 and racingonerobb like this.
  7. jeffyg82

jeffyg82

Here u go bcrumbie

Attached Files:

bcumbie likes this.
  8. My favorite is gennie 53 chevy grille teeth. My understanding is you need to cut s little off the sides of each tooth to get 11 teeth in there...at least I think it's 11. One center and 5 left and 5 rights. Gotta be fresh chrome or it doesn't look good to me.

9. bcumbie

bcumbie
    from East Texas

Thanks jeffyg82

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds crazy, but a famous Barris Merc ran a '54 Ford grille...WITHOUT the center Dagmar. (bullet, 'boob', or 'spotlight housing'...whatever you wanna call it)
    I liked the looks for years, only in '63 did I figure out what that grille was!
    A 'greater' upper, with a 'lesser' parallel lower, very pretty. And available...

11. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Reproduction, early Corvette, but it won't be cheap! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.