Register now to get rid of these ads!

'53 Buick Beauties

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimmyM, Feb 21, 2008.

1. I browsed through several threads looking at some beauitufl Buicks. Reason being is I've located two '53 Buick two door coupes sitting out but still in pretty damn good shape:p Both straight 8s one is orange/white and one is black. I have a good chance to buy one or both and I've been all smiles just thinking and dreaming up ideas. I'd love to see some pictures of these specific cars(from what little I know but seems the 52 and 53 was the same am I wrong?) in whatever style or fashion they are in. Much any info or parts available for the Straight 8s or pretty much impossible to get parts for? Thanks guys(from a HAMB newb)

Jimbo

2. roadsterbob

roadsterbob

Try these guys for straight 8 parts. http://www.egge.com/
    Speed parts for a 263 are tough to find. Most of the old speed parts are for the larger 320 inch motor. Nothing from a 320 will fit on the smaller motor.
    If one of the 53's you are looking at is a standard transmission, grab it. Otherwise you will be strugging with the old Dynaflow boat anchor. There are adapters out there though.

3. Thanks guys anymore pictures though?

4. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

This was my 53 roadmaster...hard to beleive it was 10 years ago already.

sat on a '69 Sport wagon chassis with a 455.

Last I knew it was in Tejas............

[​IMG]