Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 53 BelAir floor pan replacement options

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toqwik, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Toqwik

Toqwik

My 53 Bel Air needs front and rear floor pans, trunk pan and the lower panel under the trunk. I could care less about it looking original so would those of you that have done it buy pans from a quality place, the cheapest place, or should I buy a bead roller and some sheet metal and build my own. If you choose buy pans, where would you buy them from? It needs inner and outer rockers as well but I am buying those and the rear panel as well. Personally I would rather buy the cheap ones but I don't want to make more work for myself on the back side.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. IMG_0704.JPG I bought the cheaper floor pans and installed them myself. They look like I installed them. But they will work just fine. But I bought EMS rear quarters. The panel under the trunk and inner pan. Because they look and fit right. No I didn install that quarter panel.

3. I'm with 325W. I don't have a Chevy, but my pans look like I installed them (I'll grind off the boogers and cover it all up anyway, so who cares, right?). So I vote for the cheap ones.

And like he said, I ain't doing the quarter panels myself. A man's gotta know his limitations.

butchcoat1969 likes this.
  4. Toqwik

Toqwik

Kinda my thoughts also. You don't see them so who cares. I do want quality rockers and tail pan. Where did you buy your parts?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have installed more than a few from EMS. Always happy.

6. butchcoat1969

butchcoat1969

Great line from Dirty Harry lol hotrod Harry

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app HotRod Harry