Register now to get rid of these ads!

'53 and '66 Cadillacs on the ground

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baggedmitsu, Mar 23, 2007.

1. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

im pretty sad today, the '66 just left about an hour ago to its new home. its gone, it sold. The new owner will enjoy it im sure, if youre from the High Desert area of So cal you might see it cruising around, it went to the Victorville, Hesperia area.

2. eric

eric

Bummer to hear dude, i've seen your cad around shows plenty. my buddys dealing with the same fate as you are as he's having to sell his '65 cad as well. i told him don't worry about it he can drive my '61 cad anytime until we find him a new Cad project:D

3. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Smokin hot caddys. Elvis would be smilin'.

4. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

Can't wait to get home and start on my 56, hopefully I'll get it rolling by the end of the year. Wish it was as clean as your 53, mine has a lot of love holes "Rust" in it :D... O well I'll get her fixed up. Find those pics of your bag set up! Thanks -Zipp

5. Motorama

Motorama
    from UK

cool caddys, been thinking of dropping my 56. my son(12) did this photoshop mock up

[​IMG]

6. Chopper Demon

Chopper Demon

I know how you feel bro, it's hard to let them go.

7. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

Motorama... that sure is purty :D... Very nice, drop it!

8. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

NICE CAR! if it was mine it would definately be layed out. it would look killer.

9. Motorama

Motorama
    from UK

Thanks. It already has a few nice touches and i think slamming it would be the icing on the cake.

53 is way cool dude!

10. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

11. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

12. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

13. Motorama

Motorama
    from UK

Here's the other end of my 56. Rear bumper/kit is custom made with dagmars from a front bumper. Car runs a hot 390 from a '61. Trying to find some Offy valve covers to dress it up a bit.
    We have a big meet here in the UK next Friday and i'm getting some striping done on the connie kit and batwing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

That's bad ass but some chicks blocking the pictures :D , Both you guys have really nice rides keep it up!
    Umm Motorama are those wheels the same ones they sell on Ebay? I really like them but how are they holding up? I was wondering how they would hold up as far as rust and such. Is that an original drop top was it chopped? Very nice either way just curious that's all.

15. Motorama

Motorama
    from UK

I bought the car from a buddy of mine in Sweden last summer and drove it home to the UK. He bought it in LA in 95.
    He added the rims 3 or 4 years ago, the chrome is starting to bubble in a few places already.

It is an original convertible. It was customised some when he got it, tilt column, lowered a little, appletons and the kit. The tilt column was a nasty job and it now has a chrome column from a 56 Eldo.

I'd like to lower it some more, change the rims and get some Offy bits for the bay.

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the post hijack

Andy.

16. they are both beutiful rides, the 53 is more my cup of tea but i would certainly be proud to own either of them, awsome job