Register now to get rid of these ads!

53-56 Ford F100 suspension ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by classicfins, Dec 3, 2008.

1. classicfins

classicfins

Hey folks. I've become lucky enough to have an F100 come into my posession and I'm wanting to see what everyone has used, is using, or thinking of trying in way of front suspension. I'm mainly looking for inexpensive options (compared to buying a new Heidts, etc) as this will be a low budget project (as usual). I will be running a small block, not sure if Ford of Chevy, automatic, and plan on towing my tandem axle 14' enclosed vendor trailer. Been searching the threads and getting some insights, but would really love to see more ideas and results. Straight axle with new springs, etc, front clip from donar car, late model frame transplant, etc.. Thanks guys!

2. aside from MII kits, most guys go after the Jag IFS
    JML

3. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Take a look at www.ford-trucks.com 48-60 forum. There is a good thread at the top just on such info. I have a Volare in my 53 and like it fine. Probabaly not the first choice now. Joe

4. I'm building a '56 with a Dakota front susp. Havent actually drove it yet, but I've heard they are a bit beefier than a Mustang II. Requires a front cross-member change. I'm hoping for the best.

5. Dakota kit from Industrial Chassis Inc. $729.00
    Used Dakota suspension from a yard $500.00 or less

Your time plus anything that needs to be repaired or replaced. For $1500.00 or so you get a front suspension that is designed for the application and performs fantastic, very durable.

[​IMG]