Register now to get rid of these ads!

History '53-'56 F100 Customs

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Richard D, May 13, 2014.

1. One of my favorites.

Attached Files:

kmc777 and drdave like this.
  2. As a kid, dad and I went into a speed shop for him to order an intake and carb for the family ford van we had and that yellow '56 was on the show room floor. I bet I walked around it 600 times just loving it. I still remember the groove on the tires right where they rubbed the fender lip sticking out like that. Man, if love that truck today to plant my tail in and drive the wheels off. Thanks for posting it!

3. looks like the truck has a California license plate, where was the picture taken?
    there was a yellow truck similar or the same one that was in Rod&Custom or Hot Rod, late 60's, early 70's and showed up at the 1973? Tulsa NSRA Street Rod Nationals for sale, kinda wondering if the truck in the picture is the same one that was at Tulsa, anybody?
    Curt R

4. IROC100

IROC100
    from NY

here's mine. hope it fits here. Built 14 years ago, been driving every since.

Attached Files:

drdave likes this.
  5. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Couple of very cool survivors - the green '54 was built in the late 1960's in the Twin Cities. Showed up at this year's GSTA show, the present owner has had it for years:

[​IMG]

Took this one at the 2015 GSTA show. This '56 was built in the late '50's in St. Paul MN and cared for by its previous owner for something like 50 years; an amazing time capsule.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did own a beater '55 a number of years ago and would sure like to get into another one someday. Thanks to you guys for posting all these - great looking trucks!

'Mo and droppedstepside like this.