Register now to get rid of these ads!

53-54 chevy chrome cali style bumpers on ebay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indawaitinroom, Jul 12, 2010.

1. anyone bought them? i was thinkin about taking the jump and purchasing one, i took my 3 piece bumpers to the plater and he quoted me $1700 to do them.

these ebay ones are far cheaper, but before i grab them and still end up chroming mine cause the repops are junk i figured it was worth asking here if they are any good.

2. Backage

Backage
    from New York

Chevys of the 40s has nice ones for a good price now on sale

3. southlands

southlands
    from california

theres a place in boil hights off of olympic that does plating there prity cheep

4. southlands

southlands
    from california

o in los angeles

5. the ebay ones are $325 and the chevs of the forties ones are $331, i can guess they are probably made by the same people.

i was just wondering if anyone here has actually used them before, tried to put one on a car, seen how nice the chrome is... etc...

its impossible to see how nice a bumper really is by looking at a tiny digital picture.

6. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

just because they are the same price doesnt mean they are made by the same people. what a silly way to think about it.

7. honesly i dont see why thats so silly? how many peope could possibly be stamping out bumpers for these cars? is it way out of line to assume that most likely there is one operation who geared up to make these and is stamping them out in a 3rd world country somewhere and is getting them plated by 10 year old kids being payed 3 cents a day and shipping them over here to be distributed by numerous 53-54 chevy parts dealers?

seems highly likely to me. i mean how else would they afford to sell a whole brand new bumper for less than anyone can get replating done here in the states?

8. id also like to know if anyone has used them becuase im alot futher away than you are to be getting screwed by shitty craftsmanship, ive been eyeing the ebay ones also any info would be great

9. borntrouble

borntrouble
    from NH

I have the 1 piece rear from Nat. Chevy, and it seems good to go... Nothing that would make me tell you not to.

Not sure if these are the same manufacturer... as most repop shit is coming from the same place... but they're not terrible.

10. I know the guys at Chevs of the 40's real well, and the amount of money the months of time and basic first batch you have to have made and buy is CRAZY money. I dont think many other repop companies will do it when they can get them at a discout from chevs and resale. The bumpers are very nice for cheeper chrome and they are not quite as heavy. The biggest thing people do to them is crank down the bolts on bent or out of adjusted bumper brakets, it makes them twist or pucker. If you use them pull them up snug and if needed slip a washer or two between the bracket and bumper or heat and bend the faces of the bracket to keep them from making the ends twist up or down.

11. slammed49

slammed49

I used the EBAY ones to replace the 3 piece ones when I had my 49...I thought they were very nice,they fit great and had nice chrome,kept them waxed and indoors ...I just saw the car at the Strangers BBQ and they still looked great after 3 years!! and the price is right...remember,we build drivers not show cars..Ken

12. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

i have them on my 53' and was worried they were gonna be crap.. I spoke to the guy's at resto world in Ohio. I think those are the ones you see on ebay. The guy's over there were super cool and said they wouldn't sell them if they had issues with fit and finish. I'm happy to say they look great! You should go for it if you still need bumpers.

13. Barnfind 56

Barnfind 56

I know this is an older post but I just ordered mine from resto-world in Ohio and should be getting them this week. I am hoping they are nice quality also, I will post up when I get them to let people know if anyone cares.

14. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Yeah, let me know I need a set for my 51'

15. i bought a pair, they look nice. i still have them tucked away inside the boxes though, i sometimes buy parts when i have money, and not exactly when i need them.