Register now to get rid of these ads!

53/54 chev tell us the new repo you need

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Feb 3, 2008.

1. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

Nice to know I need rockers for mine at some point. Any pics?

2. the last Rebel

the last Rebel
    from Hell

I will try to get some pics up soon of the lower quarter from EMS. the bottom bend on it was way off and took some serious work to fix also the bends as mentioned before are not crisp at all so I cut out most of there bends. Other than that the piece was nice and the 18 guage was nice. EMS is now aware of the problem and hopefully will fix it as the part will not fit right as they are.

3. the last Rebel

the last Rebel
    from Hell

Im sorry. The last statement was a blend of the rocker and the quarter. The rocker is the one that is not useable. The Quarter can be made to fit.

4. the last Rebel

the last Rebel
    from Hell

So after taking the EMS rocker to a local sheet metal shop and have it flattened and re bent at a taper for 30 bucks. Then bringing it back and cutting the upper taper and the access off I may be able to use the EMS rocker after all. Will get pcs when my computer starts working right.

5. I have an n.o.s. rear 1/4 that goes from the leaded seam,on top, all the way down to the bottom. Its a four door piece, so it goes from the back of the door, to the taillight opening. if you need it let me know

6. the last Rebel

the last Rebel
    from Hell

4 piece? What side?

7. Brenner

Brenner

Damn, this is not the first time this has happened to me. I buy a project, look for panels, no one makes them. I fabricate my own spend all this time to make it right then somebody starts making them. Well a little to late for me but I am so glad the parts for these rides wil be available in the future. God forbid if anything happens to mine, atleast I can build another.

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

call us before you buy the next car, we'll tell ya whats coming up

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

the inner rear 1/4 panel is in production now, should be ready in late july,

10. the last Rebel

the last Rebel
    from Hell

Yep Brenner happens to me all of the time. Seems every piece i fabricate at some point soon after someone produces. EMS seems to be putting in the best effort for these cars. But it is taking some time. I figure by the time I make every part they should all be available to by. I hope EMS tweaks there parts a little they have good potential.

11. Flying A

Flying A

I need the core support and I second the vote for bottom door metal and outer skins. The rest of the guys have covered the complete car, 2010 53/54 Chevy repop.

Oh, I forgot, I can't call it Chevy anymore.

12. How about the metal frame that surrounds the wing vents? I have been looking for someone who repops them but cannot find any. May just go to a 1 piece window?

13. the last Rebel

the last Rebel
    from Hell

As for nneded metal. Floor supports, Fire wall body mounts. I have never seen a pair that was not rotten. Definatly door bottoms, all the inner metal behind the quarter.

14. ems customer service

ems customer service

the inner rear 1/4 panel is now available

it looks wierd but that is how the panel is supposed to be

call bob 216-541-4585

Attached Files:

15. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

OH YEA!
    thanks!

16. The bit that goes inside the boot, so in other words you can get the rear piece that goes below the bumper but the inside where the trunk locks into is all gone on mine.:(

Four door sedan rear 1/4 Left and right of course, and rear splash valance for my 53:)

And the support panel on the chassis like in this picture

Attached Files:

17. These are all my problem spots on my 4 door

Attached Files:

18. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I am not sure its been mentioned already, if you could make a sheet metal stamping of the original 1954 pot metal taillight housing for custom applications I am sure they would sell.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

someone should make real trunk floors for 49 - 54's. people sell this flat sheet with some harbor freight bead roller beads on ebay. total junk.

people need a stamped floor which is not just flat. it also needs to have the braces and dimples for where you mount the gas tank.

20. ems customer service

ems customer service

It's finally done< trunk floor kit for 53/54 chevy, it took a long time, had alot of problems, they are ready to go. Photo with all the pieces in the kit, comments/ questions are welcome the trunk floor extension is seperate

call kim in customer service 216-541-4585

Attached Files:

• 301.JPEG
      301.JPEG
      File size:
      54.2 KB
      Views:
  21. carlitos way

carlitos way
    BANNED

quarter panel s/s trim for the belaire. the long pcs. and the inserts that hold them in place. i sell many used parts for this Chevys and peolpe call me all the time for this. Aslo why can't they make the outside GM style sunvisior the same as GM did?they copyed it but not to the same detail.Why would anyone spend all the cash and time on tooling and not copy them the same?

22. carlitos way

carlitos way
    BANNED

wagon tail gate skins or repair panels at bottoms .i have 3 54 chevy arizona wagons and all need repair at bottoms.evry one out there needs this part they will be easy to make as the tail gate is flat.may work for 49-54.

23. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

How are those new full quarters coming along for 49-50 and 51-52s ????

24. ems customer service

ems customer service

willing to do it but as always we need a cherry sample to copy from,

also willing to do the cargo floor we need to measure up wagon any help guys????

25. ems customer service

ems customer service

complete full one pc 1/4s are not planned for prodcution, to big a part to ship cheaply

26. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

I would like to see the lower sheetmetal from the firewall to the frame. The current I have were all hacked up for a crappy exhaust from the previous owner. If these are removed, it causes the door to prematurely sag.

Attached Files:

27. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

X2 on this as well

28. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

ems makes the tail pans....

29. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

how about lower door pillar replacement parts

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

[​IMG]

that's not going to cut it. I did a 52 Convertible where the rust had creeped up the sides. the flat sheets the owner had purchased were very similar to what you have there. in hindsight I should not have used those parts at all. I had to make curved parts to mate the floor up to where the good metal started.

I also had to cut the underfloor braces and indents for where the tank bolted on from the original floor and weld them into the new floor.

I had a 57 Chevy a while back that came with a complete one piece trunk floor. it was stamped and just like original. not sure who made it, but it was a nice piece. I never installed it because I ended up tubbing the car and repairing what was there so I can't comment on fitment.