Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A Survivor '29

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Gigantor

Gigantor

Wow - that is one classy lady.

3. Ebert

Ebert

way cool ride!

4. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

God, I've never seen anything like that...just indescribably beautiful!!! Almost amazing what's still hiding out there. DD

5. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

What a great roadster! I didn't see any mention of where the gas tank is here or on the blog...Any ideas?

6. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Bookmarked the article on the hubs..thanks...really nice roadster...I never see anything like that in the classifieds..Damn... Oh... and I agree with you on the windshield

7. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

One of my favorite combos!
    29/32 with the "boat" style windshield.
    Nice find.

8. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

droool**************

9. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

really cool

10. sololobo

sololobo

What a knockput. Man it looks to have been well preserved, just outstanding. Never know whats on Craigslist! ~Sololobo~

11. That has a great look...

12. Ryan, your obviously infected with a terrible disease...................................................and thank GOD it's contagious:D

13. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I totally agree with you on this one , Ryan ! That is one beautiful roadster to say the least . That windshield is the first thing that your eyes goes to and seems to stay for a while as you try to think of what it's from . I love those wheels too . That roadster is sooooo perfect in so many ways . It was a well thought out project and was done very , very well , like the side by side carb set up instead of in-lines like all the others !
    The picture I like best is with an open mill and the top up ! Yes with the top up ! It just adds that extra look to the windshield all so much . I could drive that roadster all day long with the top up ! OK most would have it down but the top up really sets that windshield off big time ! It never hurts to dream for a while now does it ?
    Thanks for the dream ! :D

Retro Jim

14. McFly

McFly

Good eye Ryan...I really dig this little roadster.

15. man!!!! what a sweet car.... nice style, takes you to an era i wish i could go to...

16. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

great inspiration a 29 on 32 rails. That car is sexy!

17. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

They may not always be perfect, but ORIGINAL 40s/ 50s built hot rods always have a certain charm that just can't be replicated 100%. Its almost like there's a asymmetry/ organic feeling that just feels honest.

18. RGG

RGG

Great car, love the wheels, well everything...

RGG

19. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Thank you Ryan! This such an awesome honor to have you take your time and write about my car. I was surprised when I opened my blog stats page to find I had hundreds of views!!! Your article came out of the blue.

Thanks also for the praise guys. I am trying to also honor the car that Bill Bair built. He made the car what it is. He bought the car way back in 1939. Went to war. Then returned to Long Beach and kept building. He died in same home he grew up in, in 2003, with the car still in the garage as you see it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  20. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

great stance!

21. OLLIN

OLLIN

awesome car, look forward to cruising with you sometime soon neighborino!

22. froghawk

froghawk

Wow! Can't stop looking at the photos.

This car's about as perfect as they come. Love those wire wheels and the way the profile with the top up has something of the Auburn Speedster about it. Different, yet definitive hot rod!

Thanks, Ryan for sharing this one and AJ for preserving it.

23. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

It is always nice to read about the ones that got saved. Thanks for preserving this one AJ.

24. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

The car is so well preserved it's hard to believe. The B&W photos in Ryan's article are dated 1962. The car has the same paint, same top, and most of the same leather interior.

25. catdad49

catdad49

Kool Beans, Daddy!!

26. I've been a fan of this car since I saw some pics posted on the old Flyers board really is the perfect AV8. AJ do you know what happened to the Cragar OHV 4 banger that was once in it?

Attached Files:

27. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Thanks Jimmy. Bill Bair sold the Cragar engine to Joe Mac of Obsolete Ford Parts decades ago. They were good friends. That engine can also be seen in the B&W photos Ryan posted.

28. Muttley

Muttley

I guess I'm the only one who thinks the windshield/wheels/headlight stands are hideous.

29. What a sweet car! Makes me wanna check craigslist every night hoping for my big break!