Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 Styleline from rat to kustom.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddyslip, Oct 13, 2010.

1. .C.D.O.

.C.D.O.
    from APT

The word "rat" gets thrown around WAY too much, and that ride doesn't look really rough to me, just could use a little love.

2. dannyogorman

dannyogorman

Yea I think so. I thought the before and after picture of this car were both really nice looking? The car has a great chop.

3. sololobo

sololobo

Nice save man, the Ford wheel lips are perfect, very cool touch that is a eal difference maker. Hope your de-ployment is over, if not, God-speed, you are much appreciated brave brother. Best Regards, ~sololobo~

4. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Flared fenders are def a step in the right direction! Why can't more Rat Turds be saved.

5. The before picture made the car look a lot better then it was. It had galvanized patch panels; warped panels left alone from over heated welds. Fiber glassed floor pans hammers as arm rests. Bare metal roof without any treatment. Sketchy monoleaf suspension that could be bent by hand whan removed. It was in bad shape but I did see the potential so I snatched her up and began to do it right.

6. dannyogorman

dannyogorman

I see. Sorry if I came off rude or anything. Didn't mean it like. Just to me the before picture was pretty decieving ... lol

7. No Worries I didn't think you were rude. It is a little decieving and overwhelming at times the more we find wrong. But Ive made it my mission to do this car justice.

8. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

I like the fender treatment! I did the same thing on my 51

Attached Files:

9. yblock292

yblock292

fender lips look very kool, nice work

10. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

That fender idea is great! Cant wait for more pics.

11. robleticia

robleticia

Not trying to jack your thread,(sorry Danny) but I really love the fender treatment! Any ideas for the rear that would go with the front??? I dont want to run skirts.

12. farmer12

farmer12

This is one great looking car, love the work on the fenders. Congrats! Looking forward to more progression and pics.

13. I'm gonna be running custom skirts I'll post pics when they are started. What you can do for the rear fenders is section then and drop them a few inches. Car looks low without skirts just make sure you can get the tire on and off while your in mock up.

14. robleticia

robleticia

Great idea, maybe I will mock up some cardboard this weekeng and see what it looks like. Still think it would need a little lip to match the front?? Maybe??

15. Looks great so far! I really like the Ford fender lips! Damn that is killer!

Be safe and thanks for your service!

16. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

17. You can always weld some round stock around the lip and use lead or bondo the get a good shape just a thought I've peaked some hoods using round stock turned out perdy bitchin. Try it on some scrap steel or an old hood and see what you get try different size stock.

18. Updates:

[​IMG]
    Tail light molded

[​IMG]
    Gapped
    [​IMG]
    Back side
    [​IMG]
    New Stance

Gonne get blocked tomorrow and ready for final primer and paint. Hopefully I don't sand off my finger tips so i can get some more updates.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now this is starting to get interesting. It's starting to look like a real custom.

20. customline54

customline54
    from S.B.C, Ca

progress is really coming along nicely..

21. Off I go to sand off my fingers more update later in the day!

22. Forgot to get photos. More to come soon.

23. Chrome goes out tomorrow! Photos afther the holidays!

24. Got the skirts 54 ford gonna cut the bottoms off and mold them onto my 52 skirts and make the match the rocker panels because stock chevy skirts don't go low enough in my opinion.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  25. Sanded my fingers to tho bone again today getting ready for paint.
    Here is why im redoing the skirts as soon as they are done ill post pics.
    [​IMG]

26. chaddilac

chaddilac

Boy they missed it on them skirts huh!! Looking forward to seeing what you're gonna do!! :D

27. I'll never understand why chevy made them that way. Guess Ford did have a few Better ideas on style.

28. Matt Noble is a genius. Matt Sent me these photos today of the rear skirts. 54 ford skirt lips on my 52 chevy skirts.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

29. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. [​IMG]