Register now to get rid of these ads!

'52 ford sedan delivery question.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rodshop, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Rodshop

Rodshop

I have a '52 Ford sedan delivery that is on deck as the next project. Lots availible for these (sheet metal and stuff) since they are a Ford and share a lot with sedans....BUT the back glass is busted out in the rear door. I assume a station wagon glass would work even thoug the station wagon has a two piece door and this has a one piece door that is side hinged. Anybody know what years would share the same glass? I will try to get out tomorrow and put up a pic. It is a tough car ( I have a '56 Chev panel, I think this sedan delivery is maybe even more rare) so look forward to this one when it makes its way into the garage. Any info appreciated.

2. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Have you checked with your local glass shop, ussually they can order the most unussual glass.
    At least here in Sweden

3. The 52-54 ford wagons,2-door and 4-door use the same rear glass as the delivery.....HRP

4. As long as its flat any glass shop should be able to supply
    laminated safety glass, tinted too.

5. Gaz,this glass is not flat! HRP

6. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

There is a small gotcha here. According to Hollanders the LATE 52 delivery is the same as all 52-4 wagons including Mercury.
    The pattern # is B254 which is used across the glass trade industry.

The EARLY 52 is by itself and there is no reference to cuttoff dates or serials.

7. Rodshop

Rodshop

Early and Late '52's? Did they change just the rear door or something? Is anybody aware of a mid year change in the cars otherwise? It may be helpful to have the pattern number. I will get a pic up just for fun this morning.

8. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

All I referenced is the rear glass interchange. The early is unique to the delivery ONLY and there is no pattern # listed.
    Maybe Oldglassguy will read this and comment.

9. Rodshop

Rodshop

Here are a couple of pics of the '52 Ford Delivery---

Attached Files:

10. Rodshop

Rodshop

Another....

Attached Files:

11. Looks like a nice, solid old delivery....I'm jealous. I miss my old 50 chevy sedan delivery, even if it was a rough old cob....That car looks to be in really good condition.
    Why not find a local 53-54 ford wagon and measure the glass...compare to what you need. At least you'll know if your is a early or late 52, then.

12. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Rodshop, just checked my old NAGS interchange book, and as stated in this post it shows B254 as the part number and a block size of 16 x 20.The interchange is 52-53-54 2 door wagon and 4 dr wagon,uses the same glass.The 16 x 20 dim. is just the size of the piece of glass they started with to make the glass,your actual glass should be slightly smaller.It does not really say anything in my book about the sedan delivery.Hope this helps.

13. Rodshop

Rodshop

Thanks, I will check that out. Rodshop

14. I checked the size of the rear glass in my 54 ford ranch wagon,,,,,,,,,it measures 39 3/4" at the widest point across the bottom and 14 1/2" tall......hope this helps! HRP

15. moonmr

moonmr

Where is Jim Arnold?? He would know!
    Need some glass work also Jim, please call me.