Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 52 De Soto

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Globe 52, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Globe 52

Globe 52

Hi guys this is from NZ. Have just picked up a 52 DeSoto Diplomat Custom barn find in pristine condition. Have researched its origins and apparently the SP23 model only numbered 1060 in production no,s for that year, being the export model to Europe , Sth Africa and Australia.It may be pretty rare but having trouble finding any more info. I have all the chassis and engine no,s , but am a loss to where to go to next. Chrysler seem to be a conglomerate of Fiat and based in Holland, but classed as British Comp for tax purposes?. Does anyone know where to get the info so I can hopefully verify its authenticity.
    Regards Rees

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Globe 52

Globe 52

Just told the car transporter firm to go run and jump,they charge like wounded bulls here. so will have to bus up country and drive home. When I have it parked at home I will take some pictures and post. The old chap it was purchased from has been paid, but there was only one picture of it which was on Trade Me and of course that was taken off after the sale. No one thought of taking pictures when we discovered it,duh!.