Register now to get rid of these ads!

'52 CHEVY rear wheels & differential BEARINGS (I need you!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Señor X, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Señor X

Señor X
    from Spain

Hi guys,

I need to replace the rear axle bearings on my 52 chevrolet Bel Air... one for each wheel and the two on the differential, but I'm a little bit lost....:confused:
    Do you know where can I buy it? could you give me the right measurements on inches? some more information?
    I've checked some on line catalogues and I can´t find where I´m looking for... Maybe my english is not good enough or I don´t have all the information (measurements, etc.)!

I NEED YOUR HELP!!! (one more time):D

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  2. Shadetree

Shadetree
    from Va USA

I cant help with your question, but I am sure there are someone here that can.
    And also go over to chevytalk, on the 49-54 forum...http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showforum.php?fid/30/fp/1/

And ask those guys.
    Really good bunch of people over there, and very knowledgeable on these cars and eager to help a fellow stovebolter out .

3. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

4. tatstommy

tatstommy

The only thing I can find in the shop manual is that you use "1. Using bearing and retainer replacer K-427 place oil seal, bearing and inside bearing retainer on tool in that order." Will take pics of the pages when I have my camera. Sry no measurements man

5. Señor X

Señor X
    from Spain

Thank you, but no pre-55 stuff here...

Thanks to the others too... I'll try the chevy forum!

6. Señor X

Señor X
    from Spain

Ok. The thing is done!

If some of you needs something like that on the future... this is the place:
    http://www.chevsofthe40s.com/

They have all you can need.

7. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

8. Rear wheel bearing BCA R-1500-EL. Seal National 450666.
    According to my catalog, 1946-1954 use the same.
    The 1995 BCA/National catalog only lists 5306W as the pinion bearig. The W leads me to believe it might be seals on one side. They have no listing on diff carrier bearings.
    A GOOD parts guy might be able to identify the carrier bearings by dimension using a bearing spec catalog and a mike.
    Good luck.

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  9. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Good stuff there, Patrick.......................'cept he is in Spain, and prolly' has no "GOOD" parts guy to find that kinda' stuff!!!:D