Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 52 chevy hardtop kustom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoos by brandon, Jan 13, 2014.

1. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

It's been a while but the update so far is we stripped the car to metal with the help of our good friends and I begin lead work ..this is how it sits as of right now oll.be posting more pics and what not soon ..I have to update both of my build threads

Attached Files:

2. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] about to finish the lead work before this season and hopefully I will get the roof flaked if we can decide colors

3. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] ran out of lead and it was the end of the year so I just drove it like this for the last few shows

4. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] I picked this up the end of last season. It gives me something to drive while I'm doing my 59 and the wife gets to drive the 52 some more

5. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] I'm trying to decide if I'm doing to make a peak to the tail lights with some round stock and then lead .... I will be putting on a 54 front bumper on the rear this season though

6. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm currently taking off the rest of the visible peach paint... Going to do a little body work to the roof and get it prepped for flake and I'm going to start the hood and other headlights lead work. Trying to decide if I'll do a peak or partially peaked hood maybe just flat

7. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm also trying to get things done in my 59 to take it out this year

8. tazareno

tazareno

Damn,Brandon I never realized how much had to be redone on that car. It's definitely cool as hell tho. I like the new tail lights.

9. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Yeah the body work was bad. But it was how it was done at that time. I just wanted to do it how I want and the way I want and all with lead but it's a solid car

10. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    The other night I got the rear seats in place and make a top bracket for the upper seats and no I need to make a bottom one and get some round bar and make a surround for the side of the upper that flows into the armrest. Also getting the floors cleaned and some holes fixed then carpet and new front seats. I would like to replace the column this summer also but we will see. And tonight I got the hood all welled up and lead on it and started filling the lead downwind getting ready for the passenger side headlight then all the lead work on this one should be done till I do antennas and wheel lips

11. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] just a little more filling to go

12. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Just curious, did you replace that dodgy welded intermediate steering shaft and gusset the upper shock brackets in the rear?

13. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

The while column and steering shaft is getting replaced this year. I'm hoping to get a stock column from the swap meet here in a few days. Idk what the dude was thinking that built that haha and I also am in the process of going over slot of the welds the guy that owned the car previously because the mustang 2 front end looks like it was welded on blindfolded and for the rear shocks I'm still new with this and now that it's been pointed out I could easily brace them my self. I had a guy bag it and helped a little but he has done all of our friends cars and trucks and had been doing it for a while so I trusted what he has done and after over a year of driving it and it's still solid but I'll be in that area doing the rear tubs so that would be something I would like to do at the same time just to make sure

14. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Any one put a 54 front bumper on the rear of one of these I'm looking at some advice to make it easier for me. I assume the brackets will have to be cut it new ones made and the rear pan removed

15. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

16. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Well I have not finished the lead work yet but I went and picked up some more lead so maybe tomorrow night it this weekend but I did manage to weld up the seat risers I needed for this car tonight and I've been busy working on the 59 and also picked up a 37 Plymouth the other day so I'm a little busy trying to go back and forth [​IMG][​IMG] I have not done a lot of welding and I only have a 110 mig but in very happy with the way they came out

17. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] oh and here is the Plymouth coupe I got

18. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] [​IMG] this is the flake we just ordered for the roof and rims then interior.... I need to find a once pice windshield and I need to find out what I do about trim so we can pull the glass out and shoot the dash then put the one piece in but I might wait till the body is in primer for that

19. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG]got the passenger side in lead just gotta do a little more and start the filling

20. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] flake came in today and I went and scored some base coat and clear so hopefully this weekend or next weekend the roof will be done

[​IMG]

21. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG] got a little filling done last night

22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

busy - at least you never bored

23. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

Nice man. That pink flake is killer!

24. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

True haha

25. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Thanks and the wife knows how to pick the colors

26. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG]got the hood off so I can finish filling it and fix some oil canning from the previous owners "welds" haha big day tomorrow we start the roof
    I got a sweet big hemi between the 2 cars haha

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  27. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG]alsmost done with the body work had to pull some dents out and some icing on it to smooth it out then 2k primer and I'll be blocking away tonight ...plan is to put the flake down tomorrow

28. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Been going at it for 12hrs between cleaning the garage to paint and the unexpected body work but I got it in the last coat of primer and had just enough to his the areas we did the body work on one last time for good measures [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

29. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] the wife got work good photos

30. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Ok I'm waiting to put the last coat of clear on but here's the 52 so far [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    2 coats of base
    4 coast of flake in clear
    2 coast clear and about to get the last final coat