Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 chevy fleetline kustom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xmlc216x, Feb 5, 2011.

1. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Thanks man, I think a friend actually might have some of those laying around.

Thanks, and get back to work!

2. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

[​IMG]
    Scored a dual quad intake... Now I gotta find some carbs!

3. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Anyone got opinions on the speedway carb 4bbl to 2x2bbl adapter that fits small 4bbl bolt patterns? What do you guys think about trying to fit two of those adapters to make a 4x2 setup?

Here's the adapter:
    [​IMG]

4. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

[​IMG]
    Mocked up axle plates

5. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Picked up a little distraction:
    [​IMG]

Gonna make some changes to the bike this weekend and then I'll be back on the car in full force!

6. dt50chev

dt50chev

What kind of bike is that? I had a Yamaha 850 shaft drive that I wanted to chop, but got rid of it a couple of years ago.

7. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

'80 suzuki gs450
    [​IMG]
    Shortened the hardtail, made some bars, made a sissy bar... Still got some wiring to finish and then lay down some paint and I'll be back on the car! This bike has been a huge distraction and it also lead to buying another gs450 for my wife. Hopefully she'll see some cool bikes at the round up and get some ideas for what to do with hers...

8. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Oh yeah I'm waiting on a headlight to come in and hopefully I'll pick up a cool tail light at the round up. Can't wait to see you guys there!!!

9. dt50chev

dt50chev

Hows about an AD truck taillight?

10. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

great build, love that body style. Hope you keep the B pillars when you end up chopping it. They look great with them instead of w/out imo.

good luck!

11. deto

deto

is the cross member out of a C10? I wanna long arm the rear of my 52

12. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Been looking at a lot of the cars at the roundup this weekend and I'm still trying to decide what to do about b pillars...

Yeah 60-72 chevy trucks have the same arms... Actually fit pretty good!

13. dt50chev

dt50chev

What's up Mike. Nice to meet you at the Roundup. I was hoping you would be inspired and be working on the car a lot this week. Any progress lately? I think I have got the wife talked into me getting a 49-54 chevy car. Just need to find the right one. Want to find a pretty complete car to start with.

14. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Good to meet you too David! I'm was definitely inspired and I'm soooo ready to get back to work on the car, but I'm still trying to get the bike finished up and on the road...
    [​IMG]
    Still needs a headlight mount, gotta make a seatpan and cover it, and gotta decide which tank I want to run... then I'll start working on the car again!

15. dt50chev

dt50chev

I see that you are using the AD truck taillight. I have two, one fully chrome and one with a gloss black housing and chrome lens bezel. If you need another one, let me know. I found a 50 fleetline here locally that I could pick up for around $1000 and its all there, just needs some love. It would realistically be another year or more before I could get around to working on it so I think I will pass for now and work on the 69 Nova and 83 truck. Then I will look for another one so I don't have to find room to store one for a year or more.

16. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

I wasn't sure what year chevy truck it came from? I picked it up at the swap meet at the round up for $5 haha. I'm trying to decide if I need to pull the dual lights out and put a single bulb with dual filament in or not....

I don't know if I would pass on a deal like that? Seems like old cars are getting harder and harder to find around here...

17. sgnova72

sgnova72

Dt50, that seems a fair price to me. I paid 1200. for my 50.

18. dt50chev

dt50chev

I do kind of hate to pass it up, but I do have other projects and I am in the middle of starting a business. We decided instead of flipping cars on the side like I have been for several years now, I am opening up a car lot and going for it full time. I leased a building and have completed the application process for licensing in Texas. I now have to wait about 8 weeks for the state to process the application and give me my license. In the meantime I am going to have to sink about $20,000 into vehicles for the lot to get me started. Not the best time to purchase another project that would have to sit around for the next year.

19. lawman

lawman

Lookinggggg Gooood !!!!

20. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Cool man I hope it works out for you! You gonna have some classic beaters on the lot?

Thanks! Can't wait to get back on it!

21. 54metalman

54metalman

NICE!!!! I love the fleetlines. I will tell you from experience that the chop on Dave Spears AngleEyes was a chore. The qtrs are the most work as well as laying down the decklid. I did all the stainless and bumpers on that car. Fitting the roof rail seals was work but came out bitchen. His car is also running the Olds trailing arms similar to yours. Very nice setup. I stepped the upper and lower control arms on my 54 and my 53 in highschool. Nice and low but still a nice ride. Keep it p. Lookin good!!

22. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Is this the car you're talking about?
    [​IMG]

"Many different pieces of stainless trim from various makes and models were used, and Chris Border was the man who meticulously welded them together to make them look as though they all came stock from the factory. Chris also handled the reworking of the narrowed '53 Chevy front bumper and the '50 Pontiac unit on the rear that were both flipped upside down from their original mounting positions."

I'm guessing you are Chris? Hi, Chris nice to meet you! You should subscribe to my thread so you can answer all my questions! haha

23. 54metalman

54metalman

Yes and that is me. Already subscribed!! Very nice build by the way. I am in Topeka Kansas now for the past year and half. Had to leave my 53 behind in Oregon at a friends house. Hope to go get it this summer.

24. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Cool man I guess I gotta step my game up now!

25. dt50chev

dt50chev

26. dt50chev

dt50chev

Since I am not getting the Fleetline, I will have to live vicariously through you-so get to work, man!!!

27. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

Man I've got to get this bike on the road so I can have something to ride since the weather is nice again... Hopefully it will be road ready this weekend with a few other small changes to come.

28. dt50chev

dt50chev

Did you decide on a tank yet? I had a Hodaka dirt bike tank I was going to put on my XS 850 just to be different. After I sold the bike, I sold the tank on ebay. One day I would like to build an XS650 to cruise around on.

29. xmlc216x

xmlc216x
    from MS

It will either be the mini sporty tank or a stock sporty tank that I'll narrow and frisco...

30. **batman**

**batman**

Hell yeah, that's the spirit I have with my 51 fleetline delux. Glad I'm not the only one. Cant wait for this one. Subscribed