Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 Chevy 2 door rocker panel replacement Pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolvato, Jan 28, 2009.

1. coolvato

coolvato

Hello all, I have done a search for the past few days looking for a detailed thread with pics on replacing rocker panels and floor on a 53 2dr Chevy, I have found some good threads on replacing panels and floors but no rockers. Im sure it's been covered before and any help is greatly welcomed.​

2. There are some pics on my photobucket page that is attached to my sig. Not a hard job, Measure twice cut once!!! Todd

3. Sacred Steel

Sacred Steel
    from Mass.

Check out the new issue of Rod & Custom April 09. There is a nice article in there of them doing a 51. Should be very similar to yours.

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Slide

Slide

Maybe these can help? This is my 52 Fleetline, but I did pretty much the same thing on my old 52 2dr Sedan, except I shaped them more like the rockers on a 55 (sorta flared out).

On both cars, since I wasn't gonna run the stainless trim piece, I wrapped the new rocker under the pinch weld so the pinch weld wouldn't be visible unless you crawl under the car. Also, I only replaced the outer rockers, as the inners on both cars were still in decent shape.

I haven't done the floors yet, but plan to do so.

Oh, and these rockers were made on a regular (but big) sheet metal brake.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. coolvato

coolvato

Awsome, big help thanks guys. I need the insperation as I started loosing hope for my 52. I'll take some pics of my progress once I get started on the replacement.I was quoted $1,500 bucks by a local body guy to replace both rockers and floor areas (WHAT the f%$K) I know thats alot of work but thats more then what I paid for the car, Im not building a show car so I dedided to do the repairs myself. Keep up the good work.

7. Slide

Slide

For what it's worth, National Chevy Association, EMS and probably some others do make replacements for rockers and floors. Quality is directly proportional to price (though none are anywhere close to perfect).

$1500 might sound high, but that sounds pretty much in line with most shops that know how to do anything more than hang a new fender on a Camry.

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

just fyi heres our stuff call kim for more info 216-541-4585

ems auto

Attached Files: